Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anybody tried the Blitz LM air filter for the IS300? It's a re-usable high-flow cotton air filter that doesn't use any oils.

What do you think of it? And for those who did get it... where did you get it from?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump... I'm pretty sure I'm going to order this after hearing some positive feedback in the Go Fast section.

If anybody here has it... where did you get it from?

Also... does anybody else want this filter as well? Maybe we could split shipping costs?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
crester I'm in for 2nd gen let me know.pm me

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just waiting to find out if it's re-usable or not. Some people say yes... some people say no.

Blitz themselves don't open for another hour or so.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
let me know I'm interested 4 sure

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found out that officially these filters ARE NOT re-usable... although many people wash and re-use them. However... still... they are supposed to last much longer than the paper filters.

I'm gonna look for one for myself... and siren they make them for 2nd gens too... so I'll see what the final prices are like.

If anybody else wants them... please say so.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
siren05... if we ship together it looks like the costs will be as follows including shipping via USPS... (hopefully they won't charge anything at the border)

Blitz IS300 Filter - $57
Blitz IS250 Filter - $65

Hope you are still interested... shipping costs got knocked down nearly $10 each due to combined shipping.

Anybody else interested? These filters use no oil.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's another vendor that has cheaper shipping... but he's been hard to reach... so not as confident sending him my money.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Opinions seem to be pretty split on the whole re-usable thing. There are many people who wash and re-use these filters... but technically the filter wasn't intended to be washed and re-used.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok... the "cheaper" place is out of stock right now... so the prices I showed above are it for now.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hey Crester, I'm down for one if this goes through. Replaceable or not, I'd prefer not use paper filters.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you want to order... you gotta get the money to me soon. I going to meet with Siren today to get his funds. PM me!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok... the payment has been made... and the order is being processed. I will let people know when their filters come in.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE: The filters are currently at customs in Mississauga. Hopefully they'll arrive shortly.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Crester just call me when they arrive.nice my summers will be fitted on the car tomorrow sweeeet.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Crester where are the filters?:pimp:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
According to my psychic abilities... they are currently at a sorting plant in Mississauga... :)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
u can't track the shipment?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts