Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Blitz drop in filter. As you all may know it's not your K&N style that uses oil. Can this be resused. It's dirty and paying $45 bucks every 6 month sucks. If so, how can I clean it??? HELP :cry:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Blitz is made of polyester blended weave. it is more durable than paper element. It is durable enough to clean with water. ..

K&N claim reusable because of cotton weave with oil. oil catch dirt first then the cotton weave. you watch out the oil and hose off the cotton material. RE-OIL = reuse.

Blitz is designed to be dry. Also this way they can sell you a filter every maintence cycle. instead of K&N's one filter for life of car.

you can clean blitz and Oil it if you want but I think it is cool to Clean them and use it dry again.

You cannot clean OEM filter because the paper won't hold up after cleaning.

Just my 2 cent. you can always buy new blitz filter if you like.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
mr2quick said:
I've got a Blitz drop in filter. As you all may know it's not your K&N style that uses oil. Can this be resused. It's dirty and paying $45 bucks every 6 month sucks. If so, how can I clean it??? HELP :cry:
Theres a Blitz Cleaning Kit you can buy for around $25 then you can use the filter again.

Matt :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.