Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a Black 2003 IS 300 Sport Design 5speed with Nav as soon as I sell my BMW Z3.

I saw 2 body kits that I really liked: the Blitz Body Kit and the Vizage Body Kit. I know a few people that have had some problems with their kits(not these 2 im talking about) such as cracking, and it not being totally flush with the car (it was installed properly).

Does anyone have either of these 2 kits on their IS, and if so, are they quality kits? Have you had any type of problem with them? If you have seen both, which one is better made?

·
Registered
831 Posts
should probobly move this to the inside & out board for better response :)

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Get the Vizage. Great fit and it's urethane so it won't crack on contact like fiberglass...

(NOTE: Some bias here since a) I have the first gen kit on my car and b) we sell them in the store.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the info, I like both the kits and I like the Veilside kit a lot, but that one is about 3 or 4 times the price of these kits.

·
Registered
72 Posts
yeah, i also recommend the vizage. i love mine, and it does fit great. but advance warning, if you lower your car and put this kit on, it will be really low to the ground. i have about 4 to 5 finger ground clearance in front and under the side skirts.

after you get rims, it should pick the kit up off the floor a little though! :D
( i'm stil on stock rims... :cry: )

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cool, so I should just leave the stock suspension alone if I get the Vizage? Cause I plan to order my IS 300 with different rims (they showed me a whole lot I could choose from at the Lexus show room)-- they will be the same size as the stock ones though. I was planning on buying lowering springs because I thought the kit would look weird being too high off the ground, but if I don't need those, that puts an extra $350-400 in my pocket.

·
Registered
72 Posts
well... yeah the kit would be higher and "safer" from scratches, but in my own opinion, the gap between the tires and the car needs to go. i personally don't like my cars looking like off road vehicles. so i still recommend lowering the car, and save the money from the 17" rims from the factory (factory=expensive) and use that money to buy yourself some aftermarket rims (ie: volk) in 18" or 19"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I see what your saying. But I have one question, does the Vizage kit look bad or strange if the car is not lowered?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
yo contact me, ill set u up nice on ur VIZ kit

·
Registered
116 Posts
got another questionr regarding the Vizage kit.

1. Where can you buy it? on the is300forum website it says hyperrev but it's not there..

2. does the Vizage sides and rear match with with the Arms front? i like the design of Arms front but i like the rest of the vizage kit.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
72 Posts
well.... you can purchase the kit new from the is300.net store, or you can talk to is300soon. both places are a great place to buy the kit. :D

chrziz- you can put the kit on without lowering it, and im sure there is a picture of a vizage kit on a non lowered car here somewhere. but i think i would lower the car first, then get a kit later, if i had to choose between the two. but everyone is different, do what ever makes you happy! :D

good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, cause of course I'll be using this car as my daily car and where I go to school there are quite a few speed bumps-- and they are pretty high (about 2in) and I sure wouldn't want to put a big dent in the front of the kit. I want it to look good and also be a safe height off the ground so I don't have to worry as much about a costly mistake such as that.

Also, anyone reccomend any good springs? I'm looking for some quality ones that wouldn't deminish much ride quality and still keep the car w/Vizage kit off the ground a safe distance.

Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts