Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was bored and was browsing through ebay and stumbled upon this KAHTEC "Blinking Smart Stop-D". I've seen a couple of these on newer cars while being stuck in Los Angeles bumper to bumper traffic. I kinda like it because it grabs your attention to stop. As they claim "Be seen, Be safe".

So, I thought I'd give it a try and installed it on my IS and my Tacoma. If I hate it I can just take it off. Here is a video clip...

YouTube - Blinking Smart Stop-D

When applying your brakes, your 3rd brake lights will blink rapidly 6 times then will stay solid. I got the delay version which keep repeated braking from constantly flashing if the brakes are applied within 8 seconds. I complete installation in 10 minutes and I think it looks cool :cool:.

What do you guys think? :rolleyes:

BTW: Special thanks to Chado for the Raybrig LEDs - - License plate lamp, dome light, map light, passenger/driver courtesy door lamps, & of course the parking light aka city lights.
:approve:

Reactions: chado and BlackTi

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ Go for it :approve: I personally like it. Worse case you don't like it, you can always sell it. I've noticed while driving today, people are keeping distance when braking as oppose to before they stop couple of inches behind you. I guess it's like a mind game...your brain is tricking your brake foot to stop earlier than usual... :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ LOL :lol:

I have the delay version (since I'm in SoCal), If in stop & go traffic it will not blink every time you step on the brakes if it's within 8 seconds. I tell you people are stopping or slowing down right away but as soon as they slow down then they tail gate again. Hey that's SoCal drivers...what can I say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts