Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have almost 2700 miles on my car. My only pet peeve (other than gas mileage) is the blind spots. Backing out IS300 is a demanding task, largely due to (1) rear passenger head rests blocking the view and (2) smallish rear side windows.

At any rate, those are rather small complaints for otherwise near-perfect car (again, excluding gas mileage).

Just be careful when backing out.

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300
Millenium Silver Exterior
Black Leather/Escaine Interior
Moonroof, Bridgestone P215/45ZR17, wheel locks, trunk mat

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah i know the IS booty is pretty big... kinda fat like the Jetta III it hard to see stuff behind you when reversing

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Re-adjust your mirrors...

Driver's side:
1. put your head against the window
2. adjust the mirror outwards till you barely see the side of the car

Passenger's side:
1. put your head over the center console
2. adjust the mirror outwards till you barely see the side of the car

If you did this properly, a car approaching behind you will disappear from your rear-view mirror and then appear in your side-view mirror. (That's probably not the best way to describe it, but whatever.)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Similar to what JW posted, I adjusted my side mirrors so that I can not see any of my own car when driving. This took about a week to get used to, but it helps taje care fo the large c-pillar blind spots.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hey just go get one of those big broadway clip on rear view mirrors. I got one. I can see the whole back window and all the traffic in the back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i dont understand why most people put their side mirrors like they do. what's the point? to see right behind you? thats what rearview mirror is for idiots.
put your side mirrors to the outter end (most of the cars) just like what AARON said. then there'll be no blind spots.
i've been doing this since i first started driving, which is like 8 years now.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Trust me, after driving in an Eclipse or a Celica, youll be thankful for the rear view. Celica is by far the worst, I am afraid to drive in this car because you seriously cant see anything in the back. They shoulda just covered it with metal or something!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree with Tenchi,
I drove a '93 eclipse for 7+ years before my IS. The rearview looks great to me.

Try those tiny blindspot mirrors for the sideview mirrors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts