Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a last ditch effort to possibly squeeze some more life out of my clutch I was going to try bleeding it.

I recently purchased the car used from a dealership with 100k, though I've read on this forum twice that people reached almost 200k before replacing the oem one that came from the factory. I have no idea how the owner drove the car, how old they were, or if they let their kids drive it, but it did have a single owner.

The pedal height, free play, stroke and push rod play all seem within spec, as well as the release point ("grinding" reverse while in neutral and slowly pushing the pedal until it stops) according to fsm.

I was considering a cheapo like

• Mityvac MV8000 Automotive Tune-up and Brake Bleeding Kit
  • HTOMT (ANB) 2 in 1 Brake Bleeder Kit Hand
but after reading some reviews am thinking maybe it's worth it to spend the extra money for something a bit more quality (esp since I can also use it for brakes, and on my daily which is a 5 speed that needs brakes and a clutch soon I'm sure)?

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
You know you don't have to buy any of that stuff right? Just get a friend to help you. All you will need is a water bottle and 2ft of the clear tubing. Doesn't get any cheaper than that

·
Registered
83 Posts
You know you don't have to buy any of that stuff right? Just get a friend to help you. All you will need is a water bottle and 2ft of the clear tubing. Doesn't get any cheaper than that

Also, stay way clear of the harbor freight one if you decide to go that route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts