Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've been having mixed emotions on if i want to get rid of my is3 or not..i have a bunch of ads up around different forums checking interest on what kind of trade offers i can get for it. i finally got around to throwing some lowering springs on the is yesterday and it gave me a whole new love for it. now im really considering keeping this one for awhile (just got it 1.5 months ago but i go through cars like underwear)..i dont have the $ to do any major mods at this moment but there is still a few minor cosmetic things that i think will make me love it even more.

i hate the stock altezzas and need to do something with them asap..im stuck between blacking them out or red-ing them out. although i realize its a bit played lately, im leaning towards the black. i have a black badgless grill, tinted windshield, tints all around, the dark rims..i feel like it would flow well unlike many riced cars with black tails that dont match well.

the red would be nice too, and im sure many will say to go this route since its "less rice". it would also match the red calipers, however im not a huge fan of them in the first place.

i would love to hear some opinions. if i go with the black, i would repaint the calipers either silver, gold, or black, smoke the sidemarkers, and could even eventually paint the headlight housings.

the car currently:

black:

red:

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
My vote goes to RED

BTW, alvin is 300, you may want to fix your sig. Here's the sig rules: click

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Smoked tails.

·
Registered
157 Posts
another option: take them apart and paint the housings. if you could get MSM paint to match the car, it might look good. it would look better than just totally black or red out lenses. or just get sportdesign or jdm tails...

bottom line, personal preference. no matter which route you take, someone will always love it/hate it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
red outs!

Here's mine with the dark red (almost black) led's. It would have looked better with a lighter shade of red imo.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I just posted my red outs on another thread recently...but gotta do it again and since you have a MSM do redouts. It flows nicely on MSM. Too many have painted the housings and smoke/tint tails are played out like others have said.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i still think im leaning towards black..i am well aware that people will always like different things and there will always be haters, but in my opinion i think it will flow better than the red with my overall look. im also not a fan of the painted inside look at all.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i still think im leaning towards black..i am well aware that people will always like different things and there will always be haters, but in my opinion i think it will flow better than the red with my overall look. im also not a fan of the painted inside look at all.
you don't like the painted bezels?! come on now, that look is 10x better than niteshades.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
:bah:

That's too bad......

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
i don't think all colors can pull off the "red-outs" (definitely not MSM) and smoked tails makes any car look cheap... i say go with semi gloss black housings but don't paint behind the red lens

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
i don't think all colors can pull off the "red-outs" (definitely not MSM)
Haha..yeah right! :disagree:

Looks damn good on mine and any other MSM with red outs. You tell me that my tails look bad....post #9.

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
I know red-outs are more rare... but I find redouts make the tail light look "normal". It's rare for an IS300... but normal in regards to the rest of the car world.

·
Registered
752 Posts

these are nice, and the red centers are tinted too : http://my.is/forums/f99/fs-jdm-style-taillights-w-tinted-lenses-is300-405810/

an example of tinted OEM, CLEAN.....

painted heads/tails on msm go pick up a couple cans of graphite colored paint (i used duplicolor high performance wheel coating on my headlights - dark graphite) colormatched headlights and tails looks the best, hands down. granted the pics are of jdm head/tails on a jdm altezza, but if you used a graphite color paint to do them, they would look very similar to this.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.