Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i'm new here and i'm planning on buying brand new 2004 silver IS300 sometime early next year.

i came across seeing the interior options "Black Perforated Leather" VS. "Black Leather/Alcantara" Trim.

basically i would love to see the pictures of them, and i would like to hear which one is better, also which trim option uses the real genuine leather, because i don't want to end up getting the vinyl fake leather trim(if there is any)

please advise~
thanks!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
basically the difference is the porforated is all leather..and the place where ur ass and back touch have little holes. The alcantra is like suede..so instead of having the area with small holes..you get suedeness. I dont have any pics..so all u get from me is this horrifying excuse for a description.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
If I could go back, I would get the full leather, but the alcantera is good for hot weather environments, no 3rd degree burns to the @ss in the summer time.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I have had the Ecsaine before, and now i have the full leather. I personally think both are nice. Even with full leather i dont slide in the seat because the sides are bolstered adequately. I will admit, the ecsaine did not burn as bad in HOT weather. If you dont plan on taking care of your leather, i suggest the ecsaine because ecsaine or alcantara is a synthetic suede that is durable. The full leather looks classier though in my opinion, while the ecsaine was pretty damn unique.

If you plan on getting a girl in the front seat with you to have some midnight fun, the ecsaine will work a bit better for obvious reasons. You might sweat, and in some cases get nervous.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I am a huge advocate for the escaine/leather combo. I think it is the most unique and best interior combo I have ever seen in a car. Plus it is different and people always comment on how much they like it.

The pros: stick in your seat nicely when driving "spiritedly", doesn't get hot in the summer, nor cold in the winter, more durable, don't get creases or cracking, unique factor

The cons: umm......I got nothing...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
pmergler said:
I am a huge advocate for the escaine/leather combo. I think it is the most unique and best interior combo I have ever seen in a car. Plus it is different and people always comment on how much they like it.

The pros: stick in your seat nicely when driving "spiritedly", doesn't get hot in the summer, nor cold in the winter, more durable, don't get creases or cracking, unique factor

The cons: umm......I got nothing...
I 2nd your opinion. I think it sets the interior of the IS300 off from its competitors. Be a little different. :wink:

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have escaine, i originally wanted leather, b/c it looks more luxurous. But to tell you the truth, i'm pretty happy with the escaine. If you've ever had a car with leather before you would know that it can get hot in the summer, and is chilling cold in the winter. Even if you've got heated seats, it takes time for the heated seats to kick in. I just recently got my car, so i sat in a leather is300 and wiggled my but, and i moved a decent amount, i tried that in the leather escaine int. and i couldn't move. I just have to say that i'm happy with the interior, nothing more nothing less.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i've had full leather interior before and let me tell you...in the heat, it sucks!!! it's nice at first cause you know it's all leather and you feel all nice and know that it's expensive, but unless you're in a place like san diego, ca, then it's either hot as hell or cold!!! another thing is when you wear shorts, there's sweat (dunno if that applies to everyone). i have the leather/alcantara interior and i likes it a lot!!! not only does it look nice, it feels nice.

·
Registered
551 Posts
i have all black leather on an all black car in san antonio texas and seat burning isn't an issue.. its more the door.. and anything else metal.... seats are fine

i would say get leather, its a lot classier and the lexus leather is oh so good :)

haha and i wear shorts for 9/10ths of the year and i've never sweated on my seats..

but probably you should just go to a dealership and try both out

·
8,743 Posts
all you guys are crying about your hot seats on you a$$. WTF? do you all wear daisy dukes? I dont know about you, but my shorts cover my skin on the seats, not to mention I live in AZ, which routinely gets in the 120s in the summer, inside of the car gets even hotter, and i have NEVER had a sweat and or burn issue. Come on.

Get a remote starter to cool the car first if its that big of an issue.

IMHO, I think the leather suits the car a bit more, and forget about "sliding" around in the leather seats, its BS, I drive mine like it should be driven and I dont slide.

some of you are getting awfully girly around here...... jk.

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
You realize this thread is a year old, right? Don't clean it with bleach. I live in AZ too, and I hate it when my balls fall out of my shorts and the leather burns my nards.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.