Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
DaGixxerKid said:
Is there such a thing? I want them, but i have a sport design and want to keep the black pearl look.
I have been on the Toyota Japan site many times looking at Altezza information and haven't seen black pearl badges. You could always have them painted or do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I had a black chrome Altezza Emblem on my IS but I made it myself by using a tint spray...

There was a tutorial floating around on how to do this (not that I actually read it or anything :wink: )

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
If you take a "chrome" plastic emblem to a Lexus dealership, they can treat them to make them black pearl. Not sure on the cost, but there are a few people who have done it specifically to ALTEZZA emblems.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I just installed mine and it looks great. Its true that they do not make it like that from the factory. I had Longo Lexus do the electrolisis process to it for $20. You won't regret it, it looks great and you don't have to worry about some kind of paint or laquer wearing off. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.