Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do they make black crome embelms for lexus??? the one on them silver 4runner emblems are black crome.. looks really nice..

·
Registered
45 Posts
lexus has the black chrome emblems on their platinum cars, but the IS isn't available in platinum, so you could change all the other emblems except for the "IS300" one. those emblems are pricey as hell too. 2-4x more expensive then normal, pending which emblem

·
15,322 Posts
is there any way to get custom emblems? I was thinking of replacing the Lexus emblem on the trunk with my last name or something with exact lettering and size chromed like the IS300 emblem. the options seem to be get someone to do a plastic mold and then have it chrome plated (thats not what i want, won't the chrome come off?) or have a jeweler make a silver one for me, but the cost of a silver one in that thickness would be too much for such a mod. any places that make custom metal emblems?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Lexus has a black chrome kit, I almost got it on my LS. When I saw the chrome against the silver paint it looked too good to change.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
$600?!? No freakin' way... not for emblems. I don't even know what these things look like but they absolutely *cannot* be worth that much! Holy cash-eating emblems, Batman!

Anyone got pics of these black chrome emblems?

Scott.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
well, he said "black crome" so maybe he meant something else??? if not, TRD.... chrome is spelled that way, not "crome", just as a FYI.

Originally posted by bty:
Isn't "black chrome" an oxymoron? Sort of like "white gold".

Sorry couldn't resist.

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"
"http://www.shitonhonda.com"-Funny Site!

·
Registered
625 Posts
My friend had his rims dipped black chrome. Sounds like it would be cheaper to take yours off or buy a new set and just have them customed dipped. Cost would be alot less then $600.

------------------
KP
94 6 speed
BPU

[This message has been edited by SupraSport (edited December 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
756 Posts
Check out: www.airstreamsunroofs.com
Anthony mentioned to me that they would be having these for the IS300 very soon.....that was a few months ago.........
Call him up and he should be able to give you some info and not charge you $799.00 like the dealership does. He is very well priced. He does all of the installaeions of spoilers and carbon fiber/wood kits for a number of Southern California Lexus dealerships......

------------------
~DownShift~
Millenium Silver Metalic
Carbon Fiber / Spoiler

·
Registered
756 Posts
Dealership out my way wanted $799.00 but I know a guy at www.airstreamsunroofs.com who should have them by now for hundreds less........
Give Anthony a call!

------------------
~DownShift~
Millenium Silver Metalic
Carbon Fiber / Spoiler

·
Registered
174 Posts
$799.00 are you kidding me, Are we talking about BMW or LEXUS, thats steep.

[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
Proud owner of a SOLAR IS 300, 2001
LP
Heated seats
LSD
RMM Intake
Toyomoto exhaust
Miami,FL

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got my IS a month ago. I Got the Black Chrome emblems threw in coz we got two IS's at the same time. $600 bucks! They look hella tight. They had em at Longo Lexus in El Monte.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
why would anyone pay that much for emblems??? that's gay, they just dipped the emblem and mark up about $575

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I heard if you chop up black chrome and dump it in your gas tank you can add 25hp, now that is worth $699
mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
19 Participants
IS Pilot
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing