Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed my car yesterday and found a stain I couldn't remove. Seems some bird crap ate right into the paint. The car is black which doesn't help. Even Mother's wax didn't stop it. I tried paint cleaners and my clay bar but nothing worked. You can really see it but it feels smooth. Any ideas? Had this happen once on my Mustang were it actually softened the paint. It's not that bad but any help is appreciated. DAMN I HATE BLACK CARS!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would try a good bug and tar remover, if that doesn't work try a fine polish. Either way, remember to wax that section after your done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As I said in an earlier post, removing these kinds of things is one of the few strengths of the GS27 Scratch Remover. I got a bird crap stain out of my paint just last night. (The stain was about a month and a half old).

-David

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the GS27 info. I've used it on other cars but I was nervous to use it on my black Lex. The stain is in a noticable spot and the last thing I wanted to do is make it worse. I'll try it tonight and get back to you.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Or 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Slow and steady per bottle directions. Wax afterwards. Took a multitude of hard water spots off my rear deck. Don't press hard and be prepared to spend 20 or 30 minutes on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Hunt NXS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing