Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
i've only tried them with eibachs and they produced a nice buttery ride (better than eibachs/stock shocks). so with stock springs i'm sure they'd be awesome. they'll also lower your car slightly (probably about .5") due to the lower perch settings.

anyway, it all depends what you're looking for but if you're looking for a smooth ride i'd recommend them.

oh yeah, did i mention i'm selling a practically brand new set for $300 shipped in the sale forum?! :lol:

seriously though, i'm not just plugging them to try to sell them. but if you're interested you should jump on 'em. the price was just dropped...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
hoss is right, they have really good report by everyone on here for up to 1" drop...I got Lsportline and my drop in the front are .75" and rear are 1.45", great pricing as well but too bad I leaving overseas for 6 - 7 weeks...so I m afraid that it will be left on my door for 2-3 weeks which I do not want, hey hoss how badly do you need the cash, can we settle somekind of a deposit....

Matt :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
PLAU2 said:
Hoss,

Is the 0.5" drop that you mentioned referring to the bilstein shocks with stock springs?
Yep. The .5" drop is just an estimate though. I don't have the exact measurements but the front perch settings are approx .5" lower and the rears are approx .25" lower.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
It does lower the car a little. My front was lowered about .5-1 inches and the back was .25-.5 inches lower. I have bilstein's with stock springs...

Visual references:

copy-paste: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid86/p889d25ed74199894d0a181e74189575e/faafcd0d.jpg.orig.jpg
front:

rear:

IMHO, I think the ride is a little on the stiff side. A little bumpy. But I got strut tower bars and chassis braces and the car feels 100 times better. Feels a lot more solid and stable. But I already bought a set of l-tuned springs and I'm picking them up this weekend.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am also considering putting aftermarket sway bars on my car. Initially I was considering Hotchkis, but I heard that too stiff of sway will make the car too easy to drift out of control. For the Bilstein shock with stock spring, which sway bar brand should I put on my car?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
eibach makes sawys for our car....not as thick as hotchkis and trd yellow

trd also makes more modest-handling sways(i think they are red, not yellow)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
eibach sways = l-tuned sways = red

I have those on my car and love them. Never tried the TRD Yellows or the hotchkis, so I can't compare.

If you are going with bilstein's on stock springs, I would seriously suggest a strut tower bar. I have plp front and back and it made a world of difference with my car (bilsteins, stock springs, l-tuned sways).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.