Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so which part you guys think is the "biggest bang for you buck" when it comes to upgrading your engine??? Let me know of the prices too please...

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
I saw a 400 lb. whore downtown this weekend. Bet she comes pretty cheap.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
The best bang for your buck is Nitrious, but not always the best choice...

If you want to save money than buy another car, that L on the front of your grill really stands for: EE = Everything is Expensive...

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
ok, according to my research(unreliable in many ways), i came down to this. this is just a bang-for-buck(or the other way) chart, without considering quality of the work, or overall HP.

-Bolt-ons(estimated):-
HKS Hiper: $48/hp
HKS Dragger II: $57/hp
HKS Carbon-Ti: $80/hp
Greddy Evo: $115/hp
5Zigen Fireball: $75/hp
TRD L-Tuned: $85/hp

AEM: $24/hp
Injen: $57/hp (with afc: $37/hp)
PLP: $24.5/hp
SRT: $35/hp

no info on header/midpipe/etc (i did my part, now u do yours)

-F/I:-

PFS:
stage 1: $19/hp
stage 2: $22/hp
stage 3: $18/hp or less

PHR:
stage 2: $23/hp

PLP:
Vortech: $19/hp
Power Dyne: $16/hp

SRT:
stage 1: $19/hp
stage 2: $17/hp
stage 3: $17.5/hp
stage 4: $???

TBKO:
T/C stage 1: $19/hp
S/C stage 1: $20/hp

Toyomoto:
sage 1.5: $26/hp
stage 2: $25/hp

- calculation is done using redline814's charts.
- calculation is done with guestimated flywheel hp. (if you dont like it, shove it up your ugly ass~ :lol: )

---
rather than just pure bang-for-buck, you MUST consider the future relationship with the company, its customer service, quality of the upgrade, location, feasibility, and whatnot.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
<blueIS>

Your idea on the $ per hp is interesting. I never really looked at it like that. There are soo many folks on this board who are more concerned about "the best bang for the buck" vs product quality and/or good customer service.

Now...if we could get someone to make a flow-chart that helps a person decide if they can afford F/I and if so, is it a S/C or turbo that best suites their need and lastly...to pick a vendors product that best meets their need/want. Ok, back to reality... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts