Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the gas tank on my is350 is horible i get 250mpt the tank is way to small is there any type of mod to either get a bigger tank or add something

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not sure if the tank is too small, it sounds like you're getting incredibly poor mileage.

Granted I have an IS250 but I get ~600km (375 miles) to to a tank.

·
Registered
382 Posts
are u redlining between every light you hit? i have an is350 i get on average 330 to the tank... and i drive pretty aggresively.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not sure if the tank is too small, it sounds like you're getting incredibly poor mileage.

Granted I have an IS250 but I get ~600km (375 miles) to to a tank.
How in the world does ur IS250 get 600km a tank? The last time I filled up and reset the odometer, it only got up to somewhere around 330km before I had to fill up again. I don't know what's wrong with my car..is the AWD killing it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're talking 350miles and I'm only getting 350 KM? This is really weird...and according to the Lexus site, the AWD has similar fuel efficiency compared to the RWD model.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the tank is 17.1 i get around 15-18 mpg which makes sense 250-280mpt is there a way to get a extra tank or something

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
The -worst- mileage I've ever gotten out of a tank on IS350 is around 19-19.5 mpg...and that was doing 100% short-trip heavy traffic city driving.... in "normal" city driving it's more like 22-23 mpg.

On roadtrips I get 27-28 mpg driving 75-80 mph...would be even better if I drove slower.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The fuel consumption should only be a touch worse with the AWD... or that's what Lexus says anyhow.

What is your overall L/100km reading? Mine's 9.5 L/100lm which is about 25mpg. With ALL highway driving at a reasonable pace of 110 - 115 I've seen the tank average as low as 7L/100lm (33.5 mpg)

How in the world does ur IS250 get 600km a tank? The last time I filled up and reset the odometer, it only got up to somewhere around 330km before I had to fill up again. I don't know what's wrong with my car..is the AWD killing it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The fuel consumption should only be a touch worse with the AWD... or that's what Lexus says anyhow.

What is your overall L/100km reading? Mine's 9.5 L/100lm which is about 25mpg. With ALL highway driving at a reasonable pace of 110 - 115 I've seen the tank average as low as 7L/100lm (33.5 mpg)
Theres like two different ones right? One is tank avg, and then the screen before that..don't remember. But I get 13.1L/100km for that one on my 250AWD.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Wow, with my 250 I did 6,7L/100km at 120km/h..(highway)

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have an 08 RWD IS250 stickshift and i get around 450 on a single tank of gas partly cause i drive around 80-85% highways to school and the rest locally. Try after refilling on a tank to drive on a freeway for a while and go the speed limit. That's how i get good mileage. when i don't drive to school and drive locally, i get 340-350 on a tank of gas.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have an 08 RWD IS250 stickshift and i get around 450 on a single tank of gas partly cause i drive around 80-85% highways to school and the rest locally. Try after refilling on a tank to drive on a freeway for a while and go the speed limit. That's how i get good mileage. when i don't drive to school and drive locally, i get 340-350 on a tank of gas.
Agreed... I get about 405 mi/tank. Avg ~27 mpg with approx. 15 gal. refill every time. You probably drive more on the highway and refill a little later than I do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
every week i drive all the way till i get to around 50 or so miles left but a few times i've driven till i'm down to less than 10 miles before i refill LOL! i refill around 14-15 gallons each week

·
Registered
15 Posts
there is a problem with the IS250 with the carbon build up in the heads. The problem seem sporatic, but the possible indications are people who drive conservatively and or using regular gas instead premium. Lexus spec premium fuel and although there are lots of people using regular, sometimes the quality is not a good as we would like to think. The fix is sometime covered under Warranty if you have a good relationship with the dealership.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow thats really crappy milage you are getting,
on my 08 AWD im getting 450km on the tick before E on the gas gauge

i use this site to find out my milage, i think it's a pretty awesome site

Fuel Consumption Calculator

based on my last fill up, my ODO was 432KM and i filled up with 45.417L of fuel and it gave me this... :)

Distance travelled: 432 Km
Amount of gas required: 45.417 Litres
Metric (Canada): 10.42 L/100KM
Metric (Europe): 9.60 KM/L
US Gallons: 22.71 MPG
Imperial Gallons: 27.12 MPG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts