Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I "tried" to install my RevHard manifold today but the damn thing is garbage. They didn't allow for the bloody studs, I don't want to change the studs. I'm wondering if anybody has used this exhaust manifold and did they change something to make it work.

If not I guess it's going back. I already had to drill out the holes to get this far. Who else sells just the manifold. I know RevHard and Toyomoto does, what about SRT or PFS??

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
damn dude..just buy a toyomoto manifold...I dont think u will find anyone on this board with a "revhard" manifold....I guess you get what you pay for....

Features our ultra reliable high flow turbo manifold for Supra n/a Lexus SC300 GS300 IS300 High nickel cast iron Large runner for high flow T04 Turbo mounting Turbonetics Racegate Mounting

Price: $850.00

·
Registered
381 Posts
if the manifold is flush and ur only problem is not having enuff room to put that bolt on. then let the manifold hang alittle and screw the bolt on then push it up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have that manifold, we ended up cutting the stud a little bit to clear the manifold. i wasnt to happy in doin this but we had to do it to get the manifold in.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tsopranoMB said:
damn dude..just buy a toyomoto manifold...I dont think u will find anyone on this board with a "revhard" manifold....I guess you get what you pay for....

Features our ultra reliable high flow turbo manifold for Supra n/a Lexus SC300 GS300 IS300 High nickel cast iron Large runner for high flow T04 Turbo mounting Turbonetics Racegate Mounting

Price: $850.00
It wasn't a cheap manifold to start with. I got it because it was easier for me to get up here and I got it close to dealer cost. I already knew about Toyomoto thats why I asked the question about any others but thanks for the input.

Intensive IS300 said:
i have that manifold, we ended up cutting the stud a little bit to clear the manifold. i wasnt to happy in doin this but we had to do it to get the manifold in.
I knew somebody else had it, just couldn't remember who. I'm not really sure if I want todo this, but I guess I don't really have a choice. What size turbo are you using and did you have any clearance issue's. some pics would help me out.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
cutting the stud? bad idea... you'll loose clamping force and it's just plain cheesy to begin with.

Just buy a nice toyo manifold or something.
You can tell that they didn't even care about r&d when designing that kit, if you can't get a nut on, (not bolt as someone kept saying).

Good luck man...

Kane

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I started looking at ARP to see if I could pickup a shorter stud...but part of my says why should I mess around with this crap. If it doesn't start out right it ain't gonna end up right. I'm going to phone revhard on monday to see what they say.

It's all well and dandy to cut the stud down but what happens at a later date if I ever wanted to remove it...good luck now that you've cut off the head.

I've email Jeff @ TBKO to see if I can pickup his manifold otherwise I'll get the toyomoto manifold. Do you have to relocate the ABS when you use the Toyomoto manifold?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hey hey don't be doggin the manifold . I have this manifold. Its a good manifold. Just call rev hard and get the studs from them. Its not hard to change the studs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
goldaltezza808 said:
Hey hey don't be doggin the manifold . I have this manifold. Its a good manifold. Just call rev hard and get the studs from them. Its not hard to change the studs.
I knew there was an answer to it, I was looking at ARP but didn't really know what to look for. Just a piss off they didn't say when I ordered the damn thing. THANKS!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
goldaltezza808 said:
Who told you it was a good manifold? Revhard?

From that pic above, almost reminds me of the first SRT welded manifold. :oops:

Never seen a welded tube, log style manifold except for TBKO's new one, which has a 3 year unlimited warranty, and Jeff knows how to build them! Hope it lasts for you or has some kind of warranty.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Nobody told me. I know it is

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Youre post is :lol: :lol: :lol: based on the pic youve you have somehow evalauted the manifold and found it lacking? :roll:

Kanine21 said:
goldaltezza808 said:
Who told you it was a good manifold? Revhard?

From that pic above, almost reminds me of the first SRT welded manifold. :oops:

Never seen a welded tube, log style manifold except for TBKO's new one, which has a 3 year unlimited warranty, and Jeff knows how to build them! Hope it lasts for you or has some kind of warranty.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
clamping force? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Kanine21 said:
cutting the stud? bad idea... you'll loose clamping force and it's just plain cheesy to begin with.

You can tell that they didn't even care about r&d when designing that kit, if you can't get a nut on, (not bolt as someone kept saying).

Good luck man...

Kane

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
uhh...yea sentinel...laugh it up...but he knows what' he's talking about...

As for you RevHard fans...can you tell me how much R&D was done on that manifold? It doesn't even freakin fit...talk about research :-? Or maybe they thought it wasn't a big deal to tell it's customers they need to swap out studs.

Cutting the stud isn't the smartest thing to do. It's like putting wheel spacers on wheels. It looses strength and if you try to torque it down, it could easily strip.

·
Registered
903 Posts
kanine21 . . . rev hard builds some quality stuff man. They have been in the turbocharging business for a very long time. How would u know what a good manifold is? And about the manifold not fitting. It does fit . Why they didnt tell him about the studs? i dont know. But with the studs, they fit perfectly fine

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
goldaltezza808 said:
kanine21 . . . rev hard builds some quality stuff man. They have been in the turbocharging business for a very long time. How would u know what a good manifold is? Sounds like u only believe that cast manifolds are the only way to go :roll:
they're got into the big market of Honda's...and build pretty decent stuff. but how can you call this one "quality" if it doesn't fit? It might be able to flow damn well and stand the heat/pressure, but what good is it if it won't even fit?

·
Registered
903 Posts
i guess changing out studs are WAY TOO HARD for u guys to do

·
Registered
903 Posts
well mine fit perfect. end of story

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
goldaltezza808 said:
i guess changing out studs are WAY TOO HARD for u guys to do
i guess making a manifold that actually fits is way too hard for RevHard :roll:

c'mon...every damn tuner out there can make a manifold that fits w/out swapping studs...

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Yes, first time you've hear of torque specs? If you're stud is shorter than specified, the additional length adds to the torsional strength of the stud itself. That's exactly how nuts or blots/studs can strip or even break over time, especially with heat cycles.

It's REVHARD, they're not exactly know for high quality kits. And by the looks of the welds on the the tubular log style manifold, and the stud not lining up, it's not exactly hard to see. Maybe it is for you.

BTW, I know absolutly nothing about engines or cars, or mechanical knowledge in general. :lol: I've learned absolutly nothing since I've been building engines and welding since the age of 10 with my Dad. I'm just here for comic relief. :D

Kane

Sentinel said:
clamping force? :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Kanine21 said:

Good luck man...

Kane

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.