Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im starting to get pretty and angry b/c my antenna has been stolen many times. I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. Im going to call up lexus soon and figure out if they can install an antenna that can be screwed in. Anyone got advice... Let me know. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: !!!!!

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Intensa03Lex23 said:
Im starting to get pretty and angry b/c my antenna has been stolen many times. I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. Im going to call up lexus soon and figure out if they can install an antenna that can be screwed in. Anyone got advice... Let me know. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: !!!!!
your antenna is screwed in...try glue

·
8,827 Posts
Isn't the OEM antenna screwed in? Maybe, that is your problem.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Intensa03Lex23 said:
you mean with like a screwdriver?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
If you fasten the antenna too well, they will probably destroy your roof or the antenna trying to get it off. :(

·
Registered
935 Posts
Intensa03Lex23 said:
Try some heavy duty LocTite. If they can't just easily unscrew it by hand they'll pobably just blow it off.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
you know what I have found that actually works.... although that poop thing is a good idea.... I started putting silicone grease around my antenna.... just a good lil glob around the whole thing.... when they grab it I guess it kinda grosses them out and they dont take it....either that or they can't screw it off..... since I greased it... it hasn't been stolen.... over a year now. Hope that helps.....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Intensa03Lex23 said:
Are you getting your stock antenna stolen and how many times has this happened? Maybe it's someone stocking you and stealing it.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
but if ur really crazy... just go to a lex dealership one night when they are closed and take a whole bunch of them.. lol but remember, what goes around comes around..

·
Registered
955 Posts
Lexotic Concepts said:
but if ur really crazy... just go to a lex dealership one night when they are closed and take a whole bunch of them.. lol but remember, what goes around comes around..
hahahaha

actually u cant because last time i was at the dealership, they have screws in the antenna slots and not the antenna itself

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
guess ur dealership already had that problem before then HAHAHA... i was just at 2 dealerships in CT and they were all fully equipped with antennas.... :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.