Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing my 03USDM SDII Grille.....I noticed that it needed to be updated to look the part of newer cars on the road today. If you look at the new Benz's and Lexus'.... the front emblems are MASSIVE.

So I attached the biggest "L" I could find.......an LX570 non-laser-cruise emblem:

Vs. 03USDM SDII emblem:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Non lazer cruise emblem...WTF! thats some cool shit!

i think the smaller one is sufficent. the big one will look like a shield on the front of your car.

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
damn thats one big emblem!

takes some getting used to, I'm just not used to seeing our chrome emblem so big! I personally didn't like the chrome so I painted it, I hate chrome in fact.

Probably looks much better in person. I'm waiting to see if I can get an SD grille too

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Hulk-a-mania is back!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! :p

·
Registered
420 Posts
hahaha

I like the BIG L personally.....

shit... the only reason I got my car is cuz it has an "L" on the front for my first name :p

LMAO

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
lol

if you look at any brand and compare with previous emblems, they're just ridiculously large now. Every see Honda emblems now?

I wouldn't be surprised that the logos get incorporated into the entire bumper someday hehe..

but looks change over times.. but in my honest opinion, I think the small one looks better for the IS300... though it really does 'update' the look of the car with a larger emblem...

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't be surprised that the logos get incorporated into the entire bumper someday hehe..
^^^^

HAHAHHAH!!! it is sooooo true!

But ya. I only did it cuz it updates the look....and I had an extra LX570 emblem kick'n around.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Can you pick up satallite TV on that thing?

It looks like a Rodeo belt buckle!

Thats way too big, unless you plan to project the bat signal into the night sky!

Digger08

Reactions: jahnIS300

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
big n modern. "yes, i liiiiike".

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
fk the L logo. I want his RMM lip!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Pic is not coming up for me....

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
You know what... after looking around for a bit I'm realizing lexusecutive is right. All the newer cars do have much larger emblems on them.

Still tho it's gonna take me a while to get used to this. Every time I look at that pic... I can't help but go "OH SHIT!!! That's one big Lexus symbol!". :shocked:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
hahaha

I like the BIG L personally.....

shit... the only reason I got my car is cuz it has an "L" on the front for my first name :p

LMAO
So are you going to do it as well???

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
This is a funny topic in the way of it being very true.
In some recent automotive marketing publishing i was reading it showed many of the newer "luxury " vehicles are being designed with a emblem 1.5X to 2X the size of previous ones. The funny fact of the situation is the cheaper or more inexpensive the vehicle is in that sector the larger corresponding emblem being emblazoned on them. It is primarily aimed at younger demo graphic buying in today's credit /lease bankrupt society where you need to keep up and then annihilate the Jones. The larger real luxury cars by the true affluent are usually much more balanced in size for the car. Take a look your self next time you see a new "C" class next to an "S" class to see who has the bigger star and who is compensating.

In no way am i knocking lex ex just point out some interesting style changes. I like the new emblems to a point but some are really too big. At least someone tried and took a pic for the next level of upgrading to 2008 on a 2000 budget. I think i am king for that though.

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
thats a big ass "L"
this probably is not a related topic but...... another thing that car manufacturers are doing are getting the lower model cars to immitate the high models like the Lex. One thing that makes our cars and similar cars (BMW 330 etc) stand out are the HID lights. Did you guys see the commercial for the new Toyota Matrix, the entire commercial is about the lights on the car some halogen lights. whatever, it just annoys me.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I'm gonna say a few supportive words for lexusecutive since this thread looks pretty one sided... lol

Anyways... when I first saw the pic... I didn't have positive or negative thoughts. I just thought to myself... "Oh Shit that's a big logo!". :shocked: It didn't help that the pic is of poorer quality due to being from a phonecam. It looked like somebody photoshopped a stock IS300 and made the Lexus emblem twice the normal size.

After seeing the stock IS300/Altezza for nearly a decade... my mind has pretty much accepted that as normal and thought this was too big.

BUT... THAT ALL CHANGED WHEN I SAW IT IN PERSON!!!

I saw lexusecutive at an intersection... and the first thought that came to mind was... "DAMN... That's bad-ass!!!" :cool:. In person it really does look good... and does make the car look more modern. The best way to picture it is that the front end treatment is like the new Mercedes C-Klasse sports model.

(on second thought it's not that big... but it's the same principle)

The badge lexusecutive has is just under twice the size of the stock IS300 Lexus emblem. lexusecutive... maybe you can take another pic with a proper camera... and not from so close! Then it'll show up online a bit better. (and take it from a lower angle)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts