Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying an '01-'02 IS300 and just wondering how cramped they are? I am 6'4" and 280lbs.

Also if anyone in the SE is looking to sell their car let me know.

·
11,061 Posts
Look for one without a moon roof...1.5 inches more headroom. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
You shouldn't have any height issues. I'm about 6'1" and perfectly comfortable. You've got me by 100 lbs on the weight thing though so I can't help there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am not a fatarse, just big from lifting.

Ohh, I've been looking and it seems by best deal on getting one I can afford is a 2001 with around 50k on it for $18k, does this seem decent?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe its just me I'm 6'1 and when i weighed 230 from lifting i didn't feel that comfortable width wise in mine. Now i'm 205 and i fit much better. But why dont you just go to the dealership and actually sit in one. I mean everyone's sense of comfort is different.

·
Registered
349 Posts
6'2", Broad shoulders, feels ever so slightly cramped as far as my arms and shoulders, but my hips and legs are fine.

Smallest car I've ever owned interior-wise, though.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Welcome aboard big guy, enjoy surfing the site and hopefully you can find the IS that you like. :)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
ZachMan said:
I am looking at buying an '01-'02 IS300 and just wondering how cramped they are? I am 6'4" and 280lbs.
G-Damn your one big MOFO!!! Yeah I would def go to the dealership and sit in one. I'm only 5'8" @ 180 and I feel snug in there(Broad Shoulders) I wish I had the 02 and up arm rest though to make it more comfortable.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts

that tall guy in the black is 6 ft 8...he can fit in his IS300....;)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
lol
No wonder some of you complain the IS is so slow...bunch of fat asses here j/p

I'm 6'2 and 180lbs. I couldnt imagine being much bigger while being comfortable.

Top end must go waaay down as weight ^

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I guess I'll just have to sit in one. I can fit in Mustangs fine and MKIV Supras fine, but something like a C5 is a little cramped so I just didn't know how small the interior is on an IS.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
ZachMan said:

Also if anyone in the SE is looking to sell their car let me know.

you are going to look funny in the car. consider getting a much bigger car.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts