Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I'm soon entering the wonderful world of boost and have been thinking that it may be a good idea to increase my braking performance as well. I have a lovely set of HRE 446 wheels that I have mounted on my ride and have been told by Peter from Wheel Experts ( I highly recommend working with him if you're in the market for HRE's or any other wheel that www.wheelexperts.com carry ) that my first choice for a big brake kit, Stoptech's, would NOT fit. Choosing another type of wheel wasn't an option so I went ahead with the purchase anyhow. If I'm stuck purchasing discs that are the same diameter as stock, so be it. It's the road I chose BUT I'd like to double check and see if anyone out there with HRE's installed a big brake kit and if so, what type? Hell, any type of brake kit for that matter.

Thanks in advance everyone!

-Mofo

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
michaelericchan said:
Did Peter say what other ones will fit with the 446s?
Hey Michaelericcan! Peter did not specify either one. He just said they wouldn't fit. :( If I find out some info regarding brake fitments before you, I'll make sure you know also.

Sup Mr. Who!? Thanks for the lead man. I'll contact them and see what I can find out.

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts
The brakes discs aren't the problem its the big calipers. You need to order wheels with a high disk/high pad setup (refers to offsets I believe), other wise they won't clear the calipers. Generally this is something you have to ask for before ordering your wheels, so more than likely you will need new wheels or you can upgrade your brake discs, and pads but use the stock calipers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stoptech.com

Alrighty,

Mike Clark (PLP) suggested that I check out www.stoptech.com and puruse the tech section. Within, there is a "brake kit outline" that one can print out and use as a template to find out whether or not you have the clearance to install one of their big brake solutions.

I'll post again when I discover what the deal is... for you 3 members that have these wheels anyhow. :lol:

Thanks for all the info so far everyone.

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: stoptech.com

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

Mike Clark (PLP) suggested that I check out www.stoptech.com and puruse the tech section. Within, there is a "brake kit outline" that one can print out and use as a template to find out whether or not you have the clearance to install one of their big brake solutions.

I'll post again when I discover what the deal is... for you 3 members that have these wheels anyhow. :lol:

-Mofo
yep, print it out and use that. i did that when checking to see if they'd clear the factory wheels (there was some question at the time as for certainty that they'd clear). real simple task.

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo
yep, print it out and use that. i did that when checking to see if they'd clear the factory wheels (there was some question at the time as for certainty that they'd clear). real simple task.

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

·
Registered
483 Posts

MofoNinja said:
Alrighty,

-Mofo

1 - 20 of 26 Posts