Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has these on his 350Z, I've herd from many people that there the best tires you can get. Is this correct for the most part?

I have driven an Altima SE-R with these tires on it, it sounded a bit noisy.

What are your recommendations?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have them and i love them. they are a bit noisy but good luck finding low-pro tires that arent. they are fantastic in the rain and of course when the road is dry. i will def get these again when i need new tires

·
Registered
565 Posts
yea these tires are great, who cares if they are loud just turn your radio up louder. worth the investment they will be my next set as well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
They look ugly too, don't forget that. I like everything about how my IS looks except for these tires. And they're loud. But they do grip well. Anyone want to buy a set with like 80% tread left? Stock size.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
BFG G-Force Sport? G-Force KDW? KDWII?
Which one are you talking about?

Well, IMO RE01R is better....

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i have em and have had no problems with noise

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
I have the BFG KDWII which is what I'm assuming you are talking about. Yes they are loud I doubt I will get them again. They are great in the rain I can't complain there.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

No complaints here.
I got 2ice the tread life out of these than I did w/the S-03's.
Noise? I could care less.
Handling? Superb!
2 bad they're going 4 $208.00 a piece (235/35/18) right now on tirerack.com tho. So, I'm going w/the Yohohama S.drives (225/35/18) next time around.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
HM...RE01R >>>>>>>>>> KDW II

I have tried KDW II though.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i got the g-force sports about 4k mi ago. they are sort of loud, but definitely quieter than the oem primacy i had on before. i recently drove to cincy via the WV turnpike and boy was it fun. had my cruise control set on 70 and just flew through the turns. not once did i feel like the tires were going to lose traction. i got them on a pretty good deal at the time....came out to about $450 for all four mounted, balanced, and installed at costco. plus costco gives you free rotations and balancing for the life of the tires...and free pressure checks with nitrogen.

like one of the posters said above...it's going to be hard to find low-profile tires that aren't noisy.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
i got the g-force sports about 4k mi ago. they are sort of loud, but definitely quieter than the oem primacy i had on before. i recently drove to cincy via the WV turnpike and boy was it fun. had my cruise control set on 70 and just flew through the turns. not once did i feel like the tires were going to lose traction. i got them on a pretty good deal at the time....came out to about $450 for all four mounted, balanced, and installed at costco. plus costco gives you free rotations and balancing for the life of the tires...and free pressure checks with nitrogen.

like one of the posters said above...it's going to be hard to find low-profile tires that aren't noisy.
lol, I got mine at Costco too! I hear they only sell Michellin now though.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i dunno. the one over here still sells BFG tires. they're always running $60 off deals on a full set of BFG tires. i think it's a good deal if you're looking to replace all four tires. plus a regular price of $119 per g-force sport isn't too shabby either. i shopped around all the tire places here and the next best deal i could get on a set of four g-force sports was $620.....effin ridiculous.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've had the original Bridgestone R040's, Bridgestone S-03's, BFG G-Force Sports, and Kumho AST's on my car.
The BFG's are by far the best bang-for-the buck dry performance tires. The S-03's handle great too, but for twice the price with only half the tire life.
The holeshot traction and braking traction on this tire are fantastic.
Check the dry performance numbers at Tire Rack.
This tire has won the stopping distance category in two separate tests against quality competition and is 1st or 2nd in every slalom and track time category.
It gets slightly outperformed in wet conditions, but who cares, I don't push my car hard in wet weather.
It also sucks in snow and weather under 40 degrees, but I've got my AWD Celica for that kind of weather anyway. Summer handling is what this tire is all about.
Lastly, the G-Force Sports were pretty darn quiet, definitely not louder than my AST's or S-03's were.
I just had a new set of G-Force sports installed again yesterday (goodbye you all-seasons) and I'm very excited. I was so upset the first time I drove on the AST's and realized how much performance I had given up just for some all-season capability. Glad I finally wore 'em out.
It cost me $570 installed at Discount Tire for (2) 225/45/17's and (2) 245/45/17's, but I also have a $60 mail-in rebate coming. So, call it $510 total.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts