Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have an 05 IS300 with a 5speed and 3.93 geared LSD.
225/45r17 BFG G-Force tires
Hotchkis sways - stiff front, soft in back.

So Im heading toward needing struts. The sways arent quite enough for my liking, and want a little more performance out of the suspension. Im not interested in really lowering the car, so the 1" drop from the Bilstiens is okay. Not doing coilovers. I also want to stay with the stock springs - obviously.

So here it is, do I get the Bilstiens, drive for a bit before
thinking about a front strut tower bar, or will that setup not really need it? I also noticed that some skip the rear brace.
Is that not as important? Also, not that its a problem, will there likely need to be need to adjust the sways?

Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So I have an 05 IS300 with a 5speed and 3.93 geared LSD.
225/45r17 BFG G-Force tires
Hotchkis sways - stiff front, soft in back.

So Im heading toward needing struts. Even before I wanted a little more, and the sways werent quite enough.
Im not interested in really lowering the car, so the 1" drop from the Bilstiens is okay. Not doing coilovers.
I also want to stay with the stock springs - obviously.

So here it is, do I get the Bilstiens, drive for a bit before
thinking about a front strut tower bar, or will that setup not really need it? I also noticed that some skip the rear brace.
Is that not as important? Also, not that its a problem, will there likely need to be need to adjust the sways?

Thanks!
Looking more track oriented setup btw.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Looking more track oriented setup btw.
I'd honestly recommend coilovers. what it seems you are trying to do will be hard to do without coilovers. even lowered the valving can make or break a setup. you don't have to be slammed either. it does upset the geometry, but since installing the front RCA's ( I'm only 2.3" and 1.9" lower vs stock f/r) the rears get really bad under 2" the ability to dial in a ride height and corner balance make coilovers an obvious choice. I haven't even touched my sways.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
black86
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing