Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to my less than perfect driving record I had to actually go to the DMV to renew my license recently. I went to the one in South Arlington off of Four Mile Run. I got there around 10 or so and there was not one single parking space available. So I just parked directly in front of the DMV in the rear of a gas station parking lot. Low and behold when I left the DMV my car had been towed. After paying the fee of $120, which I later discovered was an illegally inflated fee, I walked out to my car. The first thing on my mind was that they must have scratched my Advans. So I start inspecting the car for damage. When I get to the rear of the car there is no daylight between my car and the car they parked me in front of. I immediately suspected my bumper was going to be f'd. So I pull up a few feet to look at the damage and sure enough my bumper was all sorts of f'd up. To make a long story short I told the half wit workers and they were like my car was never parked anywhere near the car which they smashed it into and basically told me to f' off. After sort of trying to maintain my composure I raced home to get my digital camera and take pictures. Not even ten mintues later when I returned they had pulled another car in front of the pos that they slammed my ride into. I started taking pictures and I even got one of one of the workers flicking me off, the idiot. Thanks to www.frankstowing.com I have submitted complaints with the DC BBB, the Arlington Board, and the Arlington Citizen and Consumer Affairs Office. I think I am now going to threaten them with Criminal Charges (for the overcharge and the worker) and a Class Action Lawsuit. Anyone have any advice in these types of situations?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
sorry to hear that. good luck on the lawsuit..so they're more careful next time

here's something i found on the site........lol

"Company tow truck drivers treat the cars they tow as if they were their own. In fact, sometimes they'll just go ahead and rifle through glove compartments and trunks just to make sure there are no valuables that might disappear while on the impound lot"

and some more on the mainpage....

"And if any car is ever damaged, the owner will cheerfully pay the full cost of repairing the car immediately, because that's just the kind of businessman he is. As if."

great site...lol.
:lol:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
That's a great site. It's good to see citzens in action against an injustice.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts