Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a carbon fiber engine cover from this seller. The item was listed with no mention of imperfections or issues. The picture was small but me being trusting, I figured any faults with the product would be addressed in the ad. We all know that you address all issues when you sell something.

I received it promptly but to my dissapointment, the item had 2 fairly large scratches/marks on it as well as a crack. What confuses me is how you even get a crack on an engine cover? :confused:

I contacted the seller numerous times expressing that I would like to either return it or get some of my money back. The buyer has expressed no interest in returning some of the money so I came to the conclusion that a simple return would be best. After all, he didn't say no returns accepted.

Boy has this become a hassle. Now, he won't return any of my PMs or E-mails. I told him that my car leaves soon (TOMORROW actually) for shipping to another city and he still neglects to respond.

His rebuttals were---

I didn't ask if the item had any imperfections thus wasn't his obligation.
If I felt the picture was too small then I should have asked for a bigger one.
I paid $130 for the cover when they are $300 new so I should be happy :wtf:

In conclusion, this experience will have me second guessing if I should buy again from the marketplace. To make it all the worse, when he responds, his grammar is so juvenile that I am forced to re-read it 3 times :pissed:

I negative repped him and if anybody else wants to, go for it. Too bad I don't know his name or I'd post my story on other forums.

BUYER BEWARE of BKatzMDR

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
LOL! Hmmmm, I wonder who gave the -rep with the cum dumpster comment?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
post some pics of the damage...i wanna see how bad cracks and scratches are...

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
i helped you give him neg rep srry to here this man thats just wrong to sell crap and not say its crap. :disagree:

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
what in the world is going on with members getting screwed on this forum lately?

First it was Lexotic Concepts, Myself, AznMojo, This dude, and countless others.

Amazing.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THX guys for helping me out! Fart_Man_IS300, you make a good point. What's going on with all the scamming? What's happening to our forum?

Lets keep on giving BKatzMDR negative rep. I want to see the grey box :pissed:

It looks like I'm S.O.L. My car left today so I just put the cover on and said forget about it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pinoyballah said:
post some pics of the damage...i wanna see how bad cracks and scratches are...
Sorry man. The car left already and I didn't think about taking any pictures :( I could snap some next week when I'm down in FL.

I think (hope) that they are just aesthetically displeasing.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
linner420 said:
man more and more people are gettin ripped, this is bs and something need to be done
You can say that again. Maybe some sort of verification system in order to sell things???? Like a certain reputation for instance??? It's just an idea......

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
maxxpsi said:
ya who ever did gave him positive rep. damn you I******S. not pointing fingers.

way to go :lol:

:confused:

someone needs to hit him 1 time (well with some rep) to go back grey

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
linner420 said:
man more and more people are gettin ripped, this is bs and something need to be done

doooooooooooooooooooooooooooh i gave him rep, someone undo that please
:lol: :lol: He'll probably look at it and wonder why he got rep love but the comment was bad :confused: Someone undo that for sure.

I posted my story not just to punish the scammer but for more important reasons. This site was made to bring together people who share a common interest, the IS. I've had nothing but great ideas and great people come from the site. I've learned so much. It's been a valuable asset to me.

My experience might be the straw that broke the camel's back. The scamming has got to end. The marketplace is too beneficial to members. It's a great place to get parts if you don't want to pay full price and are looking for quality used items from other IS lovers. Now, ppl are starting to wonder, "Hey, am I going to get scammed?"

Lets get some sort of verification system going like I mentioned. Certain reputation, a written contract, anything......

This site means too much to some ppl to let jerks take it over :(

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I was about to buy some audio stuff from him too.

·
Registered
547 Posts
jvillagran2000 said:
I think maybe a age limit should be implimented for people that want to sell suff.This just a thought.
I am sorry but I am going to have to disagree with you. I'm 16 and it's one of the best ways for me to purchase parts...just because some "younger" individuals are losers and fail to mention things and are scammers doesn't mean the whole lot of them are, and by excluding some individuals than that just defeats the whole purpose of the marketplace. It's to purchase things cheaper than retail from individuals who care about their car and take proper care for their items...as I myself do. I am just saying I think that's a bad idea but something does indeed need to be done to prevent this from occurring...and here's my idea. Tell me all if you like it:

Well basically here we're all "family." We're supposed to trust another and benefit from each other. Unfortunately in this "virtual world" nowadays it's hard to trust someone you haven't physically met. So I personally like the idea of using a my.is contract that states the buyer will pay 50% of the total price once the decision has been made to purchase the item say using PayPal. Then the seller ships the item to the individual and the individual receives it. As long as everything is as stated in the article and happy with it as a purchase (based off of technical information, not how it matches the car, what it sounds like, etc. - what it actually is and functions properly), than the buyer sends the remaining 50% of the purchase to the seller.

I also like the idea of giving like "seller/buyer feedback" as eBay does. It'd be a wonderful way to look at individual's previous history of whether they are: a) good buyer/seller b) trustworthy c) fast payment/shipping.

So those are my statements, what's everyone think about them.

sISp

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
speedisprecious said:
Well basically here we're all "family." We're supposed to trust another and benefit from each other. Unfortunately in this "virtual world" nowadays it's hard to trust someone you haven't physically met. So I personally like the idea of using a my.is contract that states the buyer will pay 50% of the total price once the decision has been made to purchase the item say using PayPal. Then the seller ships the item to the individual and the individual receives it. As long as everything is as stated in the article and happy with it as a purchase (based off of technical information, not how it matches the car, what it sounds like, etc. - what it actually is and functions properly), than the buyer sends the remaining 50% of the purchase to the seller.

I also like the idea of giving like "seller/buyer feedback" as eBay does. It'd be a wonderful way to look at individual's previous history of whether they are: a) good buyer/seller b) trustworthy c) fast payment/shipping.
I like your ideas. Age shouldn't be relavent to the sale.

The payment of 50% is also not half bad. But, the only downfall is that the seller might not get the rest of his $$$ if the buyer splits. Buying something over the web is always a gamble but I like the feedback concept like on EBAY. Our rep system is similar so maybe somehow, we could utilize it as a seller/buyer???

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.