Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the following thread Derekb states that the 17x8 SSR competitions with a +38mm offset is the wheel of choice. Can someone elaborate why these are the best? Is there anything else worth considering?

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13353138

As for tires, 245/40/17 would be closer to the stock tires diameter than a 245/45/17. I would think the 245/40 would be better for autox because you would have more torque due to the smaller diameter of the tires (of course this is probably barely significant). Is this something to consider? It seems the 245/45 size is recommended but nothing is mentioned about the 245/40. There are quite a few tires available in the 245/40 size like the Potenza S-03 and Kuhmo MX which both seem pretty popular. Are either of these tires worth it, of should I go with the Azenis in the 245/45 size.

thanks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The reason I mentioned the SSR Competition was because it is one of the lightest, commercially available wheels in that size. Weight is around 14 lbs. These wheels are available through the Tire Rack.

I am not certain that the +38mm offset is readily available. It might be a +45mm which would work with the 245's better. Also, if I had an option between a 40 series versus a 45 series I would go with the shorter sidewall (40). Overall diameter should be close to stock which yields about 61 mph in second gear - perfect for autocross.

Good luck.

-Derek

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
Does anyone know what offset, if any, of the SSR's will fit over the Rotora BBK without spacers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts