Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Since everyone is going to tell you to "save and go for FI" etc...
But assuming you are JUST going to spend $1000 only, you can try these:

1 - Intake, such as SRT, or PLP, the 2 more popular ones around here.
2 - Exhaust, such as HKS Dragger, HKS Hiper, LTuned, etc. There is a sticky here: http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13365352
3 - Sways, such as Eibach/LTuned, TRD, etc.

That should be about $1000, depending on what you get.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
revhard said:
if you have an auto , get a torque converter.
agreed.

for hp mods....get a intake(open element or PLP) and afc-r...
don't spend 500 on srt....imo...misc intake with afc-r is better buy
get a race-pipe, and header.....tune the AFC-R with all components.....

this is within 1000bones.....personally...with a rwd car...you would have more fun with a built suspension (adjustable shocks, anti-sways, and chassis braces)....but that's if your not scared to mess around.....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Silver03IS300 said:
sLeEpRs said:
IMO the only increase of anything I got out of my bolt-ons(in sig.) is the sound. Save up for FI if you want more power.....
How do you like your SRT intake (details)? ... looks like you have a nice car btw.
thanks for the response.
Thanx for the compliment!
The SRT intake was my first mod. After the install, I took it around for a spin and it didn't feel like it made a difference at all, other then the sound. Not worth $500 IMO. No offense to intakes, I just dont think thier petty gaines are noticable at all.... I personally am waiting for toyomoto to release their supercharger because they are less then 3hrs away for an in-house install, and the power difference will definetaly be noticable yet not too drastic for reliability....

·
Registered
340 Posts
and you can find the SRT floating around here for much less than 500$

If you shop around dud, you can find an SRT Intake, Xerd Racepipe, HKS Hiper for well under a grand and have benjis left over. Or you could go SRT Intake, Xerd Header w/SAFC and tune the sucker.

just my .02 cents

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Silver03IS300 said:
revhard said:
if you have an auto , get a torque converter.
Which one? Or am I pretty much good to go with any brand?

(DOING A SEARCH ON IT NOW)

Thanks

:D
i'm also interested in the torque converter myself.....

i don't think many heads on .net have a aftermarket-torque converter....so the search is gonna be kinda hard....

i remember seeing somone post 15.0flat with a torque converter built by SRT

·
Registered
428 Posts
I dont really know if exhaust or anything like that make the car alot more fun to drive, I know that if you get some sways and braces the car will be a lot more fun in corners and overall as well. You dont sacrifice anything in ride quality or rattling suspencion sounds but you do get solid handling. I personally like a throaty sound, so I would get a Hiper, or maybe just get the toyo header, which would gain you more power, and you would also have the sound to accompany you 8).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.