Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here so hopefully I'm doing this right. I'm planning to buy a family friend's IS250 the week after next. I want to get CarPlay for the vehicle but I've been struggling to find a good way to do that on the no nav model while retaining AC controls. In a perfect world, I'd like to integrate a backup camera too.

I've seen some people put an aftermarket screen below the stock radio. Especially being taller (6'4"), I think this would be difficult to view while focusing on the road. On Amazon, I've found the TOPNAVI 10.1" screen for the no navi model, but I think I'd have to buy an additional CarPlay adapter for it. I've seen people recommend the Scosche dash unit as well. I'm not the biggest fan of this one (I think it makes the interior feel like a truck), and of course I'd have to buy an aftermarket screen for this one too.

Would it be possible to buy an OEM nav unit and backup camera off of eBay or somewhere? Do those wire up correctly? Although doing this would cost me like $700 plus the cost of a GROM, it would keep the relatively stock look and allow me access to all of the stock functions with no issues.

If that is possible, I've been thinking about that route. If not, I'll probably go with the Scosche and a head unit. What models would you recommend to put into this one that can easily wire with a backup camera?

My final option is to go completely custom. This will probably wind up being the same price, if not more expansive, than doing it the OEM way (should that work).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts