Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
You'll get different responses on this, but I'd recommend going with the Bridgestone Potenza S03's. I've got them and they are awesome! 8)

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
There's no need to create another thread on "what's the best tires" since you have a thread questioning which tires are best to use. A simple bump on that one would have been sufficient.

To be honest, there's no such thing as a best brand, you need to find tires that suit your driving. From my impression, you're looking for long lasting tires. Like I said in the other thread, put on some 16s and some BFGoodrich Radial T/As. They're good for all 4 seasons and they should last longer than 20k miles.

Also keep in mind, sticky tires and long lasting don't belong in the same sentence so there's pros and cons with all season tires.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Go to www.tirerack.com and they have a tire choice guide where you can choose what you want from a tire and then they recommend the best type of tires. Like lambchop said, if all you care about it tire wear and you want a long lasting tire, then get an all season tire. You'll give up performance and handling, but won't have to buy new tires as often. If all you car about is performance and don't mind buying new tires possibly as often as every 10k miles then go with a performance tire. Do you care about just dry traction, or do you want good handling in the rain too?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Raisin Bran. j/k My choices are: Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Potenza S-03, or if your on a tight buget I'd go w/ Yokohama AVS ES100. All can be found at The Tire Rack.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The Bridgestone SO3's are excellent. The decision is up to you, do some research and choose for yourself.

CS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts