Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best quality subwoofer for the money? What sounds better 2 12's or 2 10's? and whats the difference between both?
-intensa03lex23

·
Registered
975 Posts
Intensa03Lex23 said:
what is the best quality subwoofer for the money?
That's such a subjective question. I personally prefer Boston Acoustic's Pro series subs. They are strictly SQ subs. Not at all SPL woofers because they are not efficient (but can play loud if an EXTREEME amount of power is put into them - and they can handle a lot!) Plus they're designed to work best in the smallest of enclosures (10", 0.5 cubic ft; 12", 1.0 cubic ft)

Intensa03Lex23 said:
What sounds better 2 12's or 2 10's?
That's also a subjective question. 12s usually handle more power, are more efficient (play louder with the same power going into them), but most importantly, can reproduce lower frequencies.

Intensa03Lex23 said:
and whats the difference between both?
-intensa03lex23
That's an easy one - 2 inches.

·
Registered
50 Posts
for a combo of sq and spl: elemental design a series, brahama subs, image dynamics max series, jl w7 series.....i'm drawing a blank right now so i guess thats all i'm putting down right now. later.

·
Registered
74 Posts
10's pick up on faster beats... so if youl like to listen to like punk, techno or anything that has a fast beat to it then go with 10's. 12's usually lag with faster beats. 12's are for more Rap and R&B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts