Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fellas

what do you guys use to clean your rim's my fronts collect a lot of brake dust and its a :bitching: bitch to get off, what do you guys think is the best product to clean our rims with, btw i have the chrome polished 17's.

Mike

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Shhhhhhhhh........

don't tell anyone, but the secret is......

Armorall

It works great on your treads too.

:crazy:

·
Registered
151 Posts
[neverdull it works the best It makes your rims really,really shiny
It's a polish They sell it at Kmart/walmart in a little can

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I really like Eagle One Aluminum wheel wash. It is one of the few that does not contain acid. Compared to other cleaners I have used, this one leaves the wheels I have done looking brighter and the mettalic flakes sparkle more.

Another product I have heard good things about is Eagle One Wax As You Dry. It is like a detail spray that has wax. It seems to do a good job from pictures I have seen of cleaning and helping them stay clean longer.

BTW, the IS brake pads give off the least amount of brake dust I have seen for an OEM vehicle. Most cars I drive it takes 1 commute (70 miles) to get a coating of brake dust and I can go about a week in my IS. I can hardly tell a difference between the front and rear wheels unless I wait more than 2 weeks to wask my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Aaron
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing