Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a blk/blk 2004 is300 a couple of days ago and also purchased a gte block, the car is auto and i wanted to boost it, currently i have being made custom intake/exhaust manifolds and wanted to know if any one has any input about different stand alone ecu's that are out there.
I was on the AEM forums and i like aem ems but i dont think that they have any intent to make one for the is :pissed: .

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Motec or Haltek E6-k is what the Big tuner use for High Horsepower applications...I like the Haltek alot on mine...
-Matt

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
the aem is not available for the IS yet

i have one, i'm starting to like it a lot

tell us about your custom intake and exhaust manifolds, who's making them and how are they being designed?

-gte

smoothcriminal said:
I picked up a blk/blk 2004 is300 a couple of days ago and also purchased a gte block, the car is auto and i wanted to boost it, currently i have being made custom intake/exhaust manifolds and wanted to know if any one has any input about different stand alone ecu's that are out there.
I was on the AEM forums and i like aem ems but i dont think that they have any intent to make one for the is :pissed: .

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Re: this is the set up

smoothcriminal said:
http://www.geocities.com/rudymanic/turbo this is exactly what is being made for my car using an 85mm trottle body with a little tweeking for for fit. the pic for the exhaust mani is not the actual exhaustmani the one that i an using is a copy of the hks turbo manifold made to fit the non turbo.
That isn't an IS300 engine bay. The clearances are way different in the IS engine bay, and you will need serious modification to the design in the pic. I hope the shop that is doing this for you knows this?

-Chris

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That isn't an IS300 engine bay. The clearances are way different in the IS engine bay, and you will need serious modification to the design in the pic. I hope the shop that is doing this for you knows this?
I know, that pic is for a mkiii setup they have mesured the different clearances to make sure it fits.

i have aslo heard of the autotronic sm2 any one used this bofore?

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Eminence said:
paluch2002 said:
the haltech is now called the E6-X not E6-k. i would go with that one.
i believe these are two different ECU. Correct me if i am wrong
Yes, these are 2 different units.

They are both made from the same platform. But, the E6X is the latest and greatest version. The E6K is the version that has been out for a long time.

http://www.haltech.com.au/Products/ECUs/E6X/e6x.html

·
Premium Member
8,850 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
crazeazn said:
doublins said:
Apexi S-AFC all the way baby! :lol:

The official emu of riceboys everywhere
hey now thats not very nice doublins.. i have to use that to tune my soon to be y pipe and headers :lol:
Whoops :wink:

It does alright for n/a mods. How many points of adjustment do those have again? like 12?

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
almost all stand alones have that capability

where the tec3 shines is its ignition system, most stand alones do not come with stand alone coils and such

-gte

ltuned&boosted said:
Umm tech 3, can make great power and is a very useful when hooked up to a laptop, can swap out fuel maps at the click of a button when you run race gas at the track, data logging etc....

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I thought the F-Con was not standalone...

Motec is probably accepted widely as the best engine management. Sure, I am a bit biased since it is on my car. lol. Anyway, the functionality and available options are as extensive as any engine management available. The disadvantage is that Motec is NOT cheap.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.