18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which setup sounds best?
1: 2 jl10w7's with 1 1000/1 amp with new components system
2: 2 jl 12w7's with 2 1000/1 amp with new component system
3:1 jl13w7 with 1 1000/1 amp new components
4: 1 S18x solo baric with a 1500 watt amp pushing it
5 2 12 l7 solo baric with unknown amp

or if none of these would you please please put a nice setup you think would hit hard?

Thank You
p.s please dont flame me i really need help :roll:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Anything with JL in it, is crap.

Seriously, why are so many people brainwashed into thinking JL is the best.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Dmin said:

Seriously, why are so many people brainwashed into thinking JL is crap? Why don't you fire out some specs for us and let us know exactly why jl is crap. I'm pretty sure he asked not to be flamed, yet the first reply he gets is a flame. You should let people make their own decisions and maybe provide some helpful information, not just random bs that takes up peoples time and doesn't help them to learn anything. I don't think anyone ever said JL was the best, but for you to say they're the worst? I'm pretty sure there are "better" cars out there than the IS300, but I haven't seen you posting "Anything Lexus makes is crap!" to every thread in these forums. Please, post something intelligent to help out. Anyone can make a wildly generalized statement like yours.

Lexomatic, you need to figure out what you're looking for. "Best" is relative to what kind of sound you want. Loud, clean, reliable, all of the above. You need to figure out what you want out of your system. All of the setups you have listed will be very loud, but not very clean. There are lots of options and you should probably do some homework on your own as most people will be biased to what they have in their cars. I wouldn't go with any of the setups you have listed, but loud isn't my biggest concern.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Dmin said:

- I like my JL setup... I dont see/hear anything wrong with it... but then again, Im not much into car audio which means I havent heard others to compare with... :roll:

·
Registered
526 Posts
JL Audio does make some pretty nice equipment, but they are NOT the best.

Lexmatic, either of your selections of the W7's would hit hard. But I would not recommend the Kicker S18X since you are barely giving it any power (only 1500 watts). I have seen/heard a S18X with a JBL BP1200.1 and it was barely moving.

·
Registered
526 Posts
JL Audio does make some pretty nice equipment, but they are NOT the best.

Lexmatic, either of your selections of the W7's would hit hard. But I would not recommend the Kicker S18X since you are barely giving it any power (only 1500 watts). I have seen/heard a S18X with a JBL BP1200.1 and it was barely moving.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what would you guys recommend i would like for it to sound clean loud and be reliable so can you give me some suggestions so i will be happy with my system Thanks for the input please keep posting :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
i HAVE A SINGLE 10 ALPINE THAT GOES PERFECTLY IN THE SKI PASS AND THATS ALL I NEED I THINK NOT JUSTTHE SOUND QUALITY ON MY ALPINE IS GOOD BUT ALSO THE LOOK IS GREAT I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO COMPARE WITH OTHERS. hOW MUCH DO SINGLE JL'S GO FOR?
:chill:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Dmin said:

Because people who [JL rules] don't know any better see it's astronomically high price tag so they [JL rules] assume it's the best.

And because its "the best", every Dick and Jane needs to have [JL rules] the best, even though they [JL Rules] can't tell the difference between it and [JL Rules] one costing a 1/3 of the price. "Yeaaah, that's the ticket!" :wink:

....you are getting SLEEeeepy... :boring: :boring:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Darkstorm why is it about 90% of the posts in mobiletronics are related to someone asking about JL audio. JL may not be the worst but they certainly are no where near anything good. Yet so many people want to use their product. The more people see others post about JL the more they think it's the best out there because everyone is using it.

Most people have no idea about car audio, and i do mean NO idea. Most people are also using JL audio, which proves a point.

It is a shame that other companies with less recognition and better product get passed over for JL audio just because of name recognition.

Most people will never hear a good system in their lifetime and will never know how much better their system could sound for less than they wasted on JL.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
You are 100% correct, now repeat after me...

DYNAUDIO

DYNAUDIO

DYNAUDIO

Thank you. Your reorientation is now complete.

·
Registered
975 Posts
CRB said:
You are 100% correct, now repeat after me...

DYNAUDIO

DYNAUDIO

DYNAUDIO

Thank you. Your reorientation is now complete.
Now there's something JL can't touch!!

Component wise that is, not too familiar with their subs to comment on them.

I wonder how their tweeter matched with Focal's Utopia mid/woofers would sound like? (Focal's tweeters sound just a tad too harsh)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah...Dynaudio, Rainbow, Focal, Velodyne. Those are some brands that JL can even touch!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts