Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me apologize if this is somewhere on this site... I did do a search and looked through other topics, so hopefully that's not the case or someone can point me in the right direction!

I am looking at replacing my OEM rotors and just painting my calipers. I have been doing a lot of reading on brands that I thought where good, but still seeing some negative reviews.

I just want them to look good, (slotted or drilled? more than likely slotted) not rust, and be durable... What have some you done with good or bad results? Thanks for your time its much appreciated....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hear that! Rotors are not that expensive, I figure tops being $600.00 all the way around... I was just hoping to get some reviews from actual people on here. I have been reading all weekend and most of the time the people havent even had them on the car for more than a week or who even knows if its legit.

·
Registered
608 Posts
A solid pad/rotor combination is what I think you are looking for and 600 just for rotors seems excessive unless you are thinking stoptech/project mu or something along the lines of a race set-up (probably still high).

Basically, if you wont be tracking the car and you dont have turbo, or drive it like you stole it, you wont need anything that extreme.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have a drilled and slotted set-up now, I have no clomplaints.

Are you looking for preformance or look?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I'm sure our OEM rotors are more than adequate for an NA setup. Just change up the pads...Just my two cents.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get on it when I have to nothing too crazy will occasionally top it off... I am looking for appearance mainly. I am sure when I get into the boost I'll be looking at a bbk. I just dont want anything cracking, warping, or rusting. I want it to look good and last.

What are you running careercadaver?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
If you want it to last, get solid rotors. Drilled rotors are inherently weaker, that's just physics.

Drilled is great for looks, not so much for much else.

If you simply must have something better looking than solid then get slotted... your brake pads won't last as long as with solid rotors but at least you're less likely to develop stress cracks like you would with drilled, and slotted can actually provide some benefit if you ever tracked the car (though not so much in street use).

·
Vendor
5,524 Posts
Here is something to know. The company Centric, who owns Stoptech and Powerslot now, is the OEM supplier to Lexus in the USA. So, with that said, get Centric rotors as they are 100% oem. We have them if you want, just let me know, and I can send you over to one of my sales guys to help you out.

Thanks in advance,

Edward - General Manager
1-800-959-0145 ext 5
[email protected]
AIM: THMotorsportscom
THMotorsports - Lowest Price Parts HKS Exhaust Apexi World Sport Koni Seibon Carbon Fiber ACT Exedy Clutch Skunk2 - Homepage

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
I have Powerslot Slotted rotors on my car now... and I have no issues with them.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have brembo blanks and they are fantastic.

·
Registered
152 Posts
has anyone had first hand experience with the drilled/slotted rotors from lextasy?i get ppl sayin there good with just as much ppl sayin they suck....im looking to spend about $400 between rotors and pads its for daily driver wouldnt mind slotted or drilled though...thanks

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I have no idea why people put holes in perfectly good rotors. Except on show cars it simply makes the resulting rotor inferior in every way to a solid one.

Slotted can have some benefit for track use, on the street it'll just go through pads faster than a blank rotor will.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just a little story i would like to share.

Back in December i lost my job and my front brakes and rotors were completely doneee, and didn't want to use the money i had saved up to for the $300- $500 pads and rotors that I originally wanted to get because my income stop, so I went the cheapest way! EBAY!

I found this seller selling 2 front brakes and 2 front rotors limited time $90 shipped (original $100 shipped which is still cheap)! I was really skeptical about the whole idea of putting on cheap shit on my car, but i had no other choice at the time so I purchase them.

4 months later my review- BEST $90 EVER SPENT!!!! No dust, easy installation, and they still feel great.

Just wanted to share that.

PS - I have a new Job!! yay!

thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
I went to napa auto parts and for about 250$ I got OEM grade everything.

4 rotors
and brake pads.

And my friend and I installed everything.

I would never ebay anything that I need to STOP my vehicle.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.