Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need opionon's here. what is the best basic bolt on for our car with the best responce (hp wise)?. What do you personaly find the best or have experienced to be the best?

thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
SRT Intake with ECU - $475; 22rwhp

The High Flow Intake system adjusts the air-fuel ratio to optimal settings in conjunction with a high flow Intake system. The stock intake system from Lexus has deficiencies in supplying air needed by the engine. Swift Racing is proud to present the first ever High Flow Air Intake for the Lexus IS300. This system helps the engine breath much better and gives the car quicker acceleration and much crisper throttle response throughout the entire RPM range. It uses 3.5" mandrel bent steel pipes and 5061 aluminum heat shield, enamel coated and uses a 5" conical AFE lifetime air filter. It also includes an ECU that recalibrates the air-fuel ratios for optimal performance and enhanced fuel economy.

---

You can't get better than that my friend for a basic bolt-on. And you will DEFINITELY know that it's there.

sISp

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
That is funny. When I had SRT until yesterday, I felt that the car is sparying more gas because R-ECU tricks stock ECU..? I don't know, but that was just for me. I ditched SRT completely yesterday( Thanks, Joe :bigSmile: ) and now I am going to polish those fat pipes for sale :lol:

speedisprecious said:
SRT Intake with ECU - $475; 22rwhp

The High Flow Intake system adjusts the air-fuel ratio to optimal settings in conjunction with a high flow Intake system. The stock intake system from Lexus has deficiencies in supplying air needed by the engine. Swift Racing is proud to present the first ever High Flow Air Intake for the Lexus IS300. This system helps the engine breath much better and gives the car quicker acceleration and much crisper throttle response throughout the entire RPM range. It uses 3.5" mandrel bent steel pipes and 5061 aluminum heat shield, enamel coated and uses a 5" conical AFE lifetime air filter. It also includes an ECU that recalibrates the air-fuel ratios for optimal performance and enhanced fuel economy.

---

You can't get better than that my friend for a basic bolt-on. And you will DEFINITELY know that it's there.

sISp

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
i dont know about 22rwhp... maybe 13rwhp tops or something.

as for best response, you should look into a joe z intake, trd drop in filter, and some axle back exhaust... that should make ur is300 respond a little bit sharper. =)

things like a teck kit wouldnt hurt either.

·
Banned
2,059 Posts
i'd say headers, ypipe, and exhaust should do the trick. probably a cam gear too.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
if you are looking at just one bolt on i would recomend headers. But if not then all of the above

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Header. Best bang for the buck. (Now I just need to get one.)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Y-pipe. The cat in the y-pipe is the biggest choke point.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
No its not - DasGalloway has dyno charts to prove the stock y-pipe is not a bottleneck contrary to popular urban legend . . .

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
if you are looking for actual best throttle response with a good bang for the buck, i would suggest a joe z intake pipe and trd drop in filter.

For the price, you cant go wrong. And, with the smooth pipe, there is bound to be some improved throttle response over the stock intake tube with resonator.

·
Registered
83 Posts
SLayerS said:
That is funny. When I had SRT until yesterday, I felt that the car is sparying more gas because R-ECU tricks stock ECU..? I don't know, but that was just for me. I ditched SRT completely yesterday( Thanks, Joe :bigSmile: ) and now I am going to polish those fat pipes for sale :lol:
Why did you ditch the SRT? Do you feel the Joe Z with drop-in filter gives you similar gains?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Best Bolt-On Power = TurboEast Stage 1 Turbo Kit.
j/k

if you were going to only do 1 mod, for HP increase, it would be the SRT Intake w/race ecu. or you can do Injen or other intake and an Apexi SAFCII and get the same if not better response.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts