Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Although I'd enjoy nothing more than to give a great update about how all my parts are arriving, the reality is that I'm still waiting for my CX Racing kit to arrive. It is due to arrive any day, but my expectations are understandably low about that based on the current progress. To be fair to all the other parts I just ordered above (Turbo, WG, BOV), they are not expected to ship in the near term as I opted to save money on shipping by bundling everything together. I will be adding a T4 turbo blanket to that order next week once the Black Friday pricing is released. At this point I do hope to have all the parts in time for Christmas, which I suppose is symbolic and fun! Once parts start arriving I'll share pictures of course, and in the meantime I'm definitely enjoying other build threads that are moving faster than mine.

Reactions: ill_mannered

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Just read through your thread and can’t wait for the updates! I’m thinking of doing this myself including all the steps you listed
Thank you very much, and I do hope to be able to showcase lots of relevant build content soon. Win, lose, or draw I want to share the experience with the community here as I know there is always interest in real 'bolt on' turbo kits, and my Stage 1 build will be exactly that. Although I will keep building the car beyond that over time, it will be a great checkpoint for myself and others if things go together well. My expectations are reasonable, and the parts used should lead to a decent result if all goes to plan. It would seem that the pandemic of 2020 wasn't the best point in time to start a project like this with suppliers behaving so slowly, but it is what it is and we can never predict the future. Again, I definitely appreciate your kind words and stay tuned for more updates in time.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts