Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations? For example, you have expensive rims that you really don't want any damage to while they mount the tires, and make sure they use the lubricant, use a torque wrench, etc.

·
Registered
74 Posts
go to America's Tire Co. in northridge or any other store..i used to work there, they take care of your rims. if you go to the one in northridge talk to mike(main manager) tell him that dmitriy sent you and he will hook it up for you

they will inspect everything lube it up mount it read the tire and car specs to put in the right PSI torgue it up for you and shine them (they do that for every single vehicle that they work on) highly recomended

not only saying that because i worked there but also as a costomer

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Just tires does it cheap .

-Aaron

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i'll look into these places. any more?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
i am anal and cheap, so i put the car on jackstands at home. take out all 4 wheels. throw the 4 in my beater. drive to a cheap place. take all the wheels out myself and hand them to the balancing dude. i dont have to worry about them raising my car and scraping it while they drive up the ramp, and wont have to worry about them taking out the lugs, scratching my rims, and over torqueing them on.

theres a place on hazard and harbor in santa ana that mounts and balance for $35, also tcmaltezza told me there is a damn ghetto ass place on la palma across from wheel warehouse that also mounts and balances for $35. they dont take care of your shiet tho. if your anal and have expensive rims do what i did.

id say go on yp.yahoo.com, search for wheel and tire stores in your area and give them all a call

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
well i posted based on my experience. TWS charges about 50-60 for four wheel mounting/balancing if i remember correctly.

discount tires in el monte isn't too bad either. however their machine tends to leave a small grab mark on the inside of your wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts