Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
How's it going Brian.

Long time no see.

I thought you didn't have an IS anymore.

All of us SouthBay guys go to Exact Motorsports in Milpitas.

Check the yellow pages I don't have the #. Tell Sandy or John I sent you and you you wanted a quote to install springs ONLY on an IS.

Too bad I handed out 20% off labor coupons at our last meet.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey whats up Glenn yeah its been awhile how are things? Love the new beast man.

I just bought a new ride so I am looking to drop it. I'll check them out thanks.

·
Registered
833 Posts
rmmgs4 said:
How's it going Brian.

Long time no see.

I thought you didn't have an IS anymore.

All of us SouthBay guys go to Exact Motorsports in Milpitas.

Check the yellow pages I don't have the #. Tell Sandy or John I sent you and you you wanted a quote to install springs ONLY on an IS.

Too bad I handed out 20% off labor coupons at our last meet.
yeah brian ! glad to see your back ! ever get the sti ? hehe. well i recommend exact motorsports in milipitas. i go there to get everythign done
:)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Here you go:

Exact Motorsports
1624 S. Main Street
Milpitas CA 95035

408-416-0061
408-263-8100

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Arie how are u bro? Hows the ride?

Thanks Yess and Mike I appreciate it I have heard great things about Exact from everyone. I just dont trust shops in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
833 Posts
jdm_altezza02 said:
bozz performance. have a very good rep in the import scene. that's where i got my suspension installed.
bozz is good, but they charge an arm and a leg !!

yeah brian, i just picked up some new shoes... works ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
imho coilovers are really a diy install. Done them on the last 3 cars I bought before the IS. Usually the first front and the first rear take about 4x as long as the second one. Of course, on my TL I installed the fronts wrong and was lucky I didn't put the strut through the hood. Had to pull them out and reassemble the upper mounts :blush: Then again, the first ones took 2 hours but I pulled all 4 and reinstalled them in 90 minutes. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
LAALTEZZA said:
I got some squeaking after I put it on. Anybody else w/ that problem?
Well, there are a few places to check. First I'd see if it's just the dust boot making noise. If so, I'd first make sure it's properly in position and if the squeeking persists, just remove it. It's not essential.

The next would probably be the nut on the top of the strut rod, they often get loose in the first hundred miles after the initial install (This might not be an issue with coilovers that include the upper mount, but worth a look)

The last place I can think for an audible squeeking is the three nuts that hold the upper mount to the strut tower (My vocabulary is failing me here). They also tend to loosen a bit after the initial install.

Of course I made all these suggestions without even asking where the squeeking was coming from, but I love to type, so oh well. Where's the squeeking coming from?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts