Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
carson toyota only saves u like $5 bucks lol at least for the parts im looking for. Your best bet like most here would say is look at the for sales section perhaps a salvaged IS would be selling oem parts. Or look around ur local junk yard and see if u find any IS there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Parts.com

I just did a full repair on a salvaged IS300 I purchased. I bought all my OEM parts from parts.com. Every part I purchased was OEM and it even showed the dealer that sold each part to Parts.com who then sold them to me. Their prices are unbeatable and customer service is unbeatable too. My last purchase was for an OEM bumper which costed me $269.00 and they were running a special for free shipping.

I know the site sounds very generic but they only carry OEM parts from what I have seen and ordered. They also show exploded versions of parts for the IS300 parts when you click on illustration for that part. The other website that has good prices but not as good is OEMLEXUSPARTS.COM (colorado lexus dealer).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just did a full repair on a salvaged IS300 I purchased. I bought all my OEM parts from parts.com. Every part I purchased was OEM and it even showed the dealer that sold each part to Parts.com who then sold them to me. Their prices are unbeatable and customer service is unbeatable too. My last purchase was for an OEM bumper which costed me $269.00 and they were running a special for free shipping.

I know the site sounds very generic but they only carry OEM parts from what I have seen and ordered. They also show exploded versions of parts for the IS300 parts when you click on illustration for that part. The other website that has good prices but not as good is OEMLEXUSPARTS.COM (colorado lexus dealer).
Looking at that right now, looking to replace a tail light. Now that would be metallic as opposed to dark metallic for my 02 is300 silver... right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
cheapest prices i found were on the catalog of US auto parts network (speedyautoparts.com). Customer service is not that great but prices cheeeap.

Dealer wanted $207 for right tail light and I found one for $139 shipped

Should be here today and I HOPE its the right lamp. *crosses fingers*. Shipped from Carson, CA... hmmm

EDIT: The light is by Depo. Looks almost 100% except some shoddy fitting and edges

·
Registered
93 Posts
why buy stuff online and pay shipping. shop locally at your local toyota/lexus dealer

i've heard to people buying silly shiet online like tranny fluid. cmon you can get that anywhere. why pay the extra in shipping.
buying from a local dealer? nope and reasons are

1. you save some money. not that everybody cares about that i guess
2. local dealer sucks ass

and yea buying tranny fluid from online is pretty dumb unless it's royal purple and you're really into real synthetic oil.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
buying from a local dealer? nope and reasons are

1. you save some money. not that everybody cares about that i guess
2. local dealer sucks ass

and yea buying tranny fluid from online is pretty dumb unless it's royal purple and you're really into real synthetic oil.
you probably think youre saving money. add in the shipping cost to the price then compare. "sometimes" you end paying about the same

for example say buying part X locally cost $205 and i can have it today. but if i order it online the price for the same part is $150. sounds like a deal right. but shipping is $50 and it takes a week to show up. so in the end youre only saving $5 and have to wait for it to show up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
cheapest prices i found were on the catalog of US auto parts network (speedyautoparts.com). Customer service is not that great but prices cheeeap.

Dealer wanted $207 for right tail light and I found one for $139 shipped

Should be here today and I HOPE its the right lamp. *crosses fingers*. Shipped from Carson, CA... hmmm

EDIT: The light is by Depo. Looks almost 100% except some shoddy fitting and edges
Unless you know for sure this place is OEM parts and not OEM EQUIVALENT then I'd be a bit suspicious of it's authenticity.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.