Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in richmond hill, and looking for a good place to get my aftermarket headunit, amp and sub installed, into my 03 IS300.. prices would be appreciated:)

thanks

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
My guy does a pretty good job, and charges very little. Very hard working AND honest.

Edmond
Car Alarm & sound installaion
416-630-6259
Tell him Johnny with the white IS sent u. He'll hook you up. We are tight. I get no referral. I just like him cuz he is hard working and honest. And yes, he has worked on an IS before. Mine. ;)

He is by Avenue road and Sheppard. Short drive down the 404 then 401.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the recommendation, i was wondering what you had done and how much it cost?

thanks

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
I actually installed my DNX7100 myself. I didn't find him til after that. I wished I knew him before. I found him for my compustar alarm, and after that I went back to him for other minor stuff, and ultimately he redid the wiring on the HU as my job was messy. So off hand, I can't really say how much he would have charged for the install, but I know for the compustar he charged the least and put in the most man hours with after install service.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Best Buy at Bramalea City Centre.

don't laugh, because i'm serious :bigSmile:

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Hey Chuck, you work there? No offence intended. You seem like a really nice guy. Just curious. :D

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hey Chuck, you work there? No offence intended. You seem like a really nice guy. Just curious. :D
no offence taken, just wanted to let others know because there will always be the "stigma" of big box installers being of "sub par" skill.

i've worked on 5 different IS300s (one of them sunny) in the past 3 months alone.

i can have the stock deck and stock amp out in 10 mins, thats because i've done it so many times. ask anyone whos taken out their stock amp before, and that's not an easy task at all. heck i can have the whole car stripped for a system in 45 mins (deck, dash, glovebox, stock amp, front doors, back seats and rear shelf, battery, the whole trunk interior, and whatever else in between)

+rep for chunks,

he's done a install on my car,
thanks for vouching sunny. happy and denis on here can vouch for my work as well.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
i've worked on 5 different IS300s (one of them sunny) in the past 3 months alone.

i can have the stock deck and stock amp out in 10 mins, thats because i've done it so many times. ask anyone whos taken out their stock amp before, and that's not an easy task at all.
Ha! Yes, I would believe you! I've tried twice, and failed both attempt at removing the stock amp. And yeah, I think sometimes installer at mass merchant gets a bad rep. Each installer's work should speak for him/herself. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts