Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the subject, what are the best performance coilovers with the best ride quality and still faily affordable( dont have to be cheap but also cant be $2000)? Im still deciding on springs and shocks or coilovers for christmas so please help me out.

I like the h & r shocks with koni yellows ....but i dont know if i would benifit more from coilovers? What do u think if i wanted the most performance possible but still fairly good ride quality.?

·
Registered
670 Posts
JIC FLT-A2 does pretty good job.....

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Wxman said:
And, I have Zeal and I can tell you they are everything that GTR says they are.
:D i put them on yesterday and i still have a smile on my face, hey man, what did u do with the front speed sensor?

-Eddie

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
IS300GTR said:
Wxman said:
:D i put them on yesterday and i still have a smile on my face, hey man, what did u do with the front speed sensor?

-Eddie
He said under $2,000. So Zeal B6's might go out of the category. If not,

Zeal S6's.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
IS300GTR said:
Wxman said:

-Eddie
Eddie, my install did not affect any of the sensors. Are you talking about the wires going to the sensors?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
All coilovers are good.. in a sense. They allow for a lot more control and ajustment of your car if you where to have just springs and shocks.

It all comes down to what you want out of them. I have the Tein RAs and I really like how the car drives with the very high spring rates. Other might hate it.

So figure out what you want your car to do 1st, then making a decision of what suspension stuff to buy will be easy.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Wxman said:
IS300GTR said:
Wxman said:

-Eddie
Eddie, my install did not affect any of the sensors. Are you talking about the wires going to the sensors?
Marc

you kno the part that is bolted on to the shock when it is stock, my old jics and the new zeals did not have anything to bolt it onto, when i took a look at a pair of tiens they had the place to bolt it on to, you kno what i mean?

-Eddie

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
IS300GTR said:
Wxman said:
IS300GTR said:
Wxman said:

-Eddie
Marc

you kno the part that is bolted on to the shock when it is stock, my old jics and the new zeals did not have anything to bolt it onto, when i took a look at a pair of tiens they had the place to bolt it on to, you kno what i mean?

-Eddie
Now I know what you mean. Actually I used zip ties to secure it to the lower casing of the coilover to prevent it from moving around. What did you do?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AltezzaBob said:
IS300GTR said:
Wxman said:

-Eddie
He said under $2,000. So Zeal B6's might go out of the category. If not,

Zeal S6's.
i edited the post and put under $2000 in after he said that so its not his fault but i may be able to convince people to buy me two and another set of family members to buy me the other two :D ...wheres a good place to buy the zeals?

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
- I think he is talking about this????

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
dut said:
- I think he is talking about this????

that is exactly what im talking bout but im a little ticked that it didnt come like that thing wit duts :whine:

but it rides like the shit best purchase i made

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
IS300GTR said:
that is exactly what im talking bout but im a little ticked that it didnt come like that thing wit duts :whine:

but it rides like the sh*t best purchase i made
- actually, I thought it was pretty ghetto... its just like a hose clamp...

·
Registered
634 Posts
I used zipties w/ my JICs. I have the JIC-FLT A2s, they're pretty damn impressive. I have them set the stiffest both front and rears... handles like a champ and ride's not too harsh at all.

·
Mr. Negative
11,977 Posts
danielm said:
All coilovers are good.. in a sense. They allow for a lot more control and ajustment of your car if you where to have just springs and shocks.

It all comes down to what you want out of them. I have the Tein RAs and I really like how the car drives with the very high spring rates. Other might hate it.

So figure out what you want your car to do 1st, then making a decision of what suspension stuff to buy will be easy.
Congrats man, those are awesome co's. What setup did you go with? Custom?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.