Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard good things about Mobil 1, Amsoil, K&N, and Fram x2 oil filters. Anyone have part numbers of ones (particularly any oversized ones) that will fit on a stock '01 IS300?

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
quikagc5 said:
I've heard good things about Mobil 1, Amsoil, K&N, and Fram x2 oil filters. Anyone have part numbers of ones (particularly any oversized ones) that will fit on a stock '01 IS300?

Eh, I use the LS400 (98-00) filter or the OEM filter form a MKIV supra TT (any year)... both are larger than the OEM IS300 filter and thus hold a bit more oil and have a greater filtering area.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, the MKIV TT oil filter will fit no problem on the IS300 motor?

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
jvillagran2000 said:
Yeah I use the LS400 as well,the inside look just like the red TRD filter but the LS400 filter is larger.

good idea!

cant go wrong there!!

i use Amsoil filters......... they are some of the best available period and they have an oversized optio nas well... it is about 2x as big (long/tall) as most filters i have ever seen....

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I use the LS400 filter as well. If it helps the part number ends in "20004."

But from what I remember, they discontinued that model, and now they have a replacement thats made in america, which I heard isn't as good as the denso made "20004" model. Good thing I bought a dozen of those last time :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts