Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying a 1st Gen IS300 in the next month or two and Ive been trying to research the best NGK plugs to get but I want to get some opinions. What is going to be best for fuel economy, performance, or both?

Ive been looking at :

NGK Iridium IX

NGK Laser Platinum

NGK Laser Iridium

Im mainly concerned at this point with getting the best mpg out of the car. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
i just installed the iridium ix, i dont really notice a difference, i think the stock ones are iridium as well, if im not mistaken

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I think most IS300's have Iridium plugs... mine did. However I believe some came with platinum plugs.

I have Iridium IX's in my car as well... I don't think I had access to the Platinum ones at the time tho.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good, those Iridium IX were the ones I was looking at. Since I will be buying a used one I figured I want to get those changed asap.

Anyone get any aftermarket plug wire sets? I was also looking at the NGK wire sets. Again, not looking for a boost in performance over stock from these things, just want it running at peak performance...

·
Registered
201 Posts
changed my spark plugs to NGK IX Iridium about 2 weeks ago, didn't notice anything different...Mine had Denso Iridium before...both iridium..But maybe you will notice something if you have platinum changing to iridium.

·
Registered
474 Posts
ive noticed a difference in my IS when i bought the NGK iridium IX for my car . From my Denso which im now starting to believe where platinum instead of iridium. I didnt get around to checking the number on the Denso plug i pulled. NGK IX feels smoother and not as punchy on the downshift feels like a slower on the acceleration than my old Denso plugs. I bought plug wires from the lexus dealer as well, not sure if i have to drive the car more for the plug wires to get used to the ignition signal or what. but doesnt really feel as strong as Denso :suspiciou

·
Registered
141 Posts
NGK BKR6E-11 here.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sounds good, those Iridium IX were the ones I was looking at. Since I will be buying a used one I figured I want to get those changed asap.

Anyone get any aftermarket plug wire sets? I was also looking at the NGK wire sets. Again, not looking for a boost in performance over stock from these things, just want it running at peak performance...
I got the ngk wire set but don't really noticed a differences and going stock for plugs can't go wrong; ngk iridium laser.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts