Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road tripping to LALA Land tomorrow, what is your favorite new album.

I listen primiarily to rock, Creed, Filter, but listen to a lot of different stuff Yanni rocks, listen to Kid Rock to Jackie Velasquez, Give me some ideas so I can hit Tower on my way out of town.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Creed -- Human Clay (u prolly already have that)
U2 -- All That You Can't Leave Behind
Matchbox 20 -- Mad Season
David Gray -- White Shadow

there ya go fruitpie

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got human clay, will get the U2 and the Matchbox, like the ROLLIN song from BIZZZkit.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Anyone here into Def Leppard? I know they're almost out of the Music scene...but I like some stuff from the 80s and 90s.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
45 Posts
The new Offspring album is pretty good. I would also recommend the Ramons anthology, also Alice in Chains "Best of the Box". Other classic rock albums I would recommendd if you don't have them already are Back in Black by AC/DC, Master of Puppets by Metallica and Parnoid by Black Sabbath, if you are into heavy stuff.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Thank God a music-related topic I can respond to...What is all that trance sh!t?

New Green Day is cool. Doug, Hope your CD player doesn't break on your roadtrip (you know them Chevys)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Doug -

U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
Lenny Kravitz - Greatest Hits
Blink182 - Mark, Tom & Travis Show (good CD for road trips since it will have you busting up every few minutes)

------------------
Silver 2K1 3.2CL-S. NOT JEALOUS OF YOUR IS300 heh heh heh...decent car though!! (the IS)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
creed, new blink, new green day, new off spring and new limp bizkit.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Let's see...Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Creed, Drain, Testament, more 'Tallica, and anything else "heavy."
www.metallica.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
Anyone here into Def Leppard? I know they're almost out of the Music scene...but I like some stuff from the 80s and 90s.
Yep! I like the Leps. I saw them this past summer in Allentown.

------------------

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
metallica can blow me, specifically Lars Ulrich, that whinning pus. Napster all the way!

Originally posted by MikeLS:
Let's see...Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Creed, Drain, Testament, more 'Tallica, and anything else "heavy."
www.metallica.com

·
Registered
105 Posts
This post is off topic and should be erased immediately.

Prodigy of Mobb Deep-HNIC
Pop Da Brown Hornet-Undaground Emperor (Not really new)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Not much new music in the last five to ten years is worth a damn. But, the new Fat Boy Slim is pretty damn good as is the relatively new Moby. Got the U2 and it's getting stale fast but their best since Joshua Tree.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My old standby for roadtrips were two Big Country records. I have them on vinyl :) and tape. Steeltown is one and the other..is damn can't remember--I just listen to it.

One of the best drum/bass duos in rock. This guys just rip on some songs, cracking snare, sweet bass lines (he plays with a pick like Chris Squire from Yes) and searing guitars. Think of a jig with powercords. Kept me awake on 10 hour drives on I5.

Recently I picked up Hole, Celebrity Skin, pretty good rock. I find myself lunging at anything with real musicians these days. I even was made to watch the Dixie Chicks by my wife but learned that those chicks can play. A cute brunette ripping away on a steel guitar has got to be a good thing.

Real heavy metal, Metallica, etc, sorry just don't get it.

------------------
S38
91 M5

·
Registered
511 Posts
I also just got the U2 album. Didn't like it on the first listen but quite like it now. I just miss the power and passion of Boy, October and War.

·
2,909 Posts
Stoned Immaculate - The Doors music covered by the following bands:

Stone Temple Pilots
Aerosmith
Smashmouth
Creed
Bo Diddley
John Lee Hooker
The Cult
Oleander
Perry Ferrel and Exene