Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road tripping to LALA Land tomorrow, what is your favorite new album.

I listen primiarily to rock, Creed, Filter, but listen to a lot of different stuff Yanni rocks, listen to Kid Rock to Jackie Velasquez, Give me some ideas so I can hit Tower on my way out of town.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Creed -- Human Clay (u prolly already have that)
U2 -- All That You Can't Leave Behind
Matchbox 20 -- Mad Season
David Gray -- White Shadow

there ya go fruitpie

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got human clay, will get the U2 and the Matchbox, like the ROLLIN song from BIZZZkit.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Anyone here into Def Leppard? I know they're almost out of the Music scene...but I like some stuff from the 80s and 90s.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
45 Posts
The new Offspring album is pretty good. I would also recommend the Ramons anthology, also Alice in Chains "Best of the Box". Other classic rock albums I would recommendd if you don't have them already are Back in Black by AC/DC, Master of Puppets by Metallica and Parnoid by Black Sabbath, if you are into heavy stuff.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Thank God a music-related topic I can respond to...What is all that trance sh!t?

New Green Day is cool. Doug, Hope your CD player doesn't break on your roadtrip (you know them Chevys)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Doug -

U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
Lenny Kravitz - Greatest Hits
Blink182 - Mark, Tom & Travis Show (good CD for road trips since it will have you busting up every few minutes)

------------------
Silver 2K1 3.2CL-S. NOT JEALOUS OF YOUR IS300 heh heh heh...decent car though!! (the IS)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
creed, new blink, new green day, new off spring and new limp bizkit.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Let's see...Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Creed, Drain, Testament, more 'Tallica, and anything else "heavy."
www.metallica.com

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Mer De Noms - A Perfect Circle

Crazy awesome album, it hasn't left my 6-disc changer in months.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
Anyone here into Def Leppard? I know they're almost out of the Music scene...but I like some stuff from the 80s and 90s.
Yep! I like the Leps. I saw them this past summer in Allentown.

------------------

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
metallica can blow me, specifically Lars Ulrich, that whinning pus. Napster all the way!

Originally posted by MikeLS:
Let's see...Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Creed, Drain, Testament, more 'Tallica, and anything else "heavy."
www.metallica.com

·
Registered
105 Posts
This post is off topic and should be erased immediately.

Prodigy of Mobb Deep-HNIC
Pop Da Brown Hornet-Undaground Emperor (Not really new)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Not much new music in the last five to ten years is worth a damn. But, the new Fat Boy Slim is pretty damn good as is the relatively new Moby. Got the U2 and it's getting stale fast but their best since Joshua Tree.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My old standby for roadtrips were two Big Country records. I have them on vinyl :) and tape. Steeltown is one and the other..is damn can't remember--I just listen to it.

One of the best drum/bass duos in rock. This guys just rip on some songs, cracking snare, sweet bass lines (he plays with a pick like Chris Squire from Yes) and searing guitars. Think of a jig with powercords. Kept me awake on 10 hour drives on I5.

Recently I picked up Hole, Celebrity Skin, pretty good rock. I find myself lunging at anything with real musicians these days. I even was made to watch the Dixie Chicks by my wife but learned that those chicks can play. A cute brunette ripping away on a steel guitar has got to be a good thing.

Real heavy metal, Metallica, etc, sorry just don't get it.

------------------
S38
91 M5

·
Registered
511 Posts
I also just got the U2 album. Didn't like it on the first listen but quite like it now. I just miss the power and passion of Boy, October and War.

·
2,909 Posts
Stoned Immaculate - The Doors music covered by the following bands:

Stone Temple Pilots
Aerosmith
Smashmouth
Creed
Bo Diddley
John Lee Hooker
The Cult
Oleander
Perry Ferrel and Exene
and a couple of others.

A great album for any Doors lover!!!

------------------
'01 Graphite Gray Pearl

[This message has been edited by jiggafett (edited November 21, 2000).]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
17 Participants
S38
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing