Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. i'm looking to get a new hu.. but I would love to keep my stock.. if only it had rca outs, but it don't, so I needa aftermarket.. basically i'm looking for the cleanest stock looking aftermarket hu out there that matches the lights @ nite and everything if possible.. and I was wondering if any of yall had any suggestions.. so plz post a pic, make, and price if possible.. thanxx..

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
there's a clarion unit that retails for about $500, but sells on e-bay for $250. It's black and gray and has 728 different screen and button colors to chose from(can match the interior lights). It also plays mp3's. I don't remember the exact product number, but it has the numbers 835 in it. Go to clarion site for more info. It's not as good as stock, but the stock unit sucks ass as far as playing CD-R's and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
an llc is a Line Level Converter. (I think? :lol: )

you need one to use the stock H/U with aftermarket amps/speakers/etc.

Denon does make some nice matching units, and SQ on those is supposed to be top notch, but the price is like whoa :eek:

·
8,849 Posts
Mine will be! 8)
I am using OEM JDM Double Din housing as an enclosure for my 7" touchscreen VGA LCD. :D
The actual "headunit" will be in the trunk.

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
vlad_a said:
Mine will be! 8)
I am using OEM JDM Double Din housing as an enclosure for my 7" touchscreen VGA LCD. :D
The actual "headunit" will be in the trunk.
Would you mind spilling your beans on where the JDM Dash Kit is coming from? Ive look high and low for one for my 13k system, but no frikken luck

·
8,849 Posts
CharlieD06 said:
Would you mind spilling your beans on where the JDM Dash Kit is coming from? Ive look high and low for one for my 13k system, but no frikken luck
I got it from Chin Kwan. I PMd him if he has any more, but got no reply. He does not frequent this site, and with the e-mail PM notify function not working, I doubt he know he has some PMs.

Try contactive Steve @ Carson Toyota. He is an expert in getting JDM parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts