Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just recently got my 04 IS300 and I am new to the forum. I want to lower the vehicle about 1 inch without having to sacrifice the ride quality. Will lowering the vehicle alter how it runs/handles/corners or will it actually make it perform better? I want the look of a lowered vehicle but want the complete comfort of a luxury sedan still. Any recommendations on what brand/type of springs to go with? Thanks much.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bilstein HD Shocks + Eibach Pro-Kit Springs best combination for stock like suspension with about 1" drop..
I just bought this setup...will do the installation next week,
but if you do a search...you will find alot about eibach pro-kit if u want only 1" lower...

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
run with no springs.....Just take out the springs and go on stock shocks......best ride eva!!

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
+1 for Eibach Pro-Kit springs and Bilstein shocks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bilstein HD Shocks + Eibach Pro-Kit Springs best combination for stock like suspension with about 1" drop..
I just bought this setup...will do the installation next week,
but if you do a search...you will find alot about eibach pro-kit if u want only 1" lower...
Thanks for the advice...let me know how it works out for you! then i will go from there.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hi Guys,

I just recently got my 04 IS300 and I am new to the forum. I want to lower the vehicle about 1 inch without having to sacrifice the ride quality. Will lowering the vehicle alter how it runs/handles/corners or will it actually make it perform better? I want the look of a lowered vehicle but want the complete comfort of a luxury sedan still. Any recommendations on what brand/type of springs to go with? Thanks much.
Well I would say get H&R springs, b/c they are use widely on german cars and I have them on my IS300. However, they drop the car 1.4 to 1.5 inches so they will be dangerous to pair with factory shocks. If you want to keep your factory shocks but do the 1'' drop get the eibach pro kit. However, if you have the extra cash I recommend you get Tokico Illumina Shocks and H&R springs. I have this setup and it is amazing. Or you can do Tokico Illumina Shocks and Eibach springs for less aggressive drop. Either way you are gonna get way better handling and cornering. The ride will be stiffer though, so expect to feel bumps and potholes more. lol Dont worry its worth it!!!

:)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
There are combo deals for the Eibach Pro-Kit springs plus sway bar. Pair it with good shocks and your set. Sportlines and H&Rs sound too low for your goal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.