Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best kit for the 2002 IS300. Also hwo much hp the internals can handle and the tranny? Thanks guys, just got the car after my 350whp turbocharged focus burned up.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
try this thread after reading all links contained within, if you still have questions then by all means post away... also the search button at the top of the forum is your friend!

happy researching!

p.s. I'm not trying to be a dick, but this same EXACT question has been asked soo many times it isn't even funny. It has also been answered many times and the posts are there with all the info you will need to make an informed decision. Let me just add there is NOT one single kit that is best for any one person. It all depends on your goals, your time frame and most importantly the depth of your pockets.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
p.p.s. welcome to the family... quite a step up in the ranks, from a hocus poke-us to an IS... probably one of the best decisions you could have ever made if you plan to mod heavily!

Stock internals are good to 600+hp. Some have been known to push more, but most people modding that heavily opt for upgraded internals, not because stock can't handle it. Some have higher mileage cars and prefer to have the piece of mind and others just have bigger goals.

Stock tranny's depend on which type:

5spd = 350-400 (a few have run higher than this, but only VERY few)
auto = 450+ (they are fairly easily built to withstand 600+)

as far as kits... just read through the links in the thread I posted a link to above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i know how turboing a car works, did it on the 1st car and learned A LOT. Even though it was a focus it was faster then the is300 i have now. Miss the speed and boost. Wow i had no idea that our auto tranny it stronger then the 5spd. My goal is 500rwhp tops.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
p.p.s. welcome to the family... quite a step up in the ranks, from a hocus poke-us to an IS... probably one of the best decisions you could have ever made if you plan to mod heavily!

Stock internals are good to 600+hp. Some have been known to push more, but most people modding that heavily opt for upgraded internals, not because stock can't handle it. Some have higher mileage cars and prefer to have the piece of mind and others just have bigger goals.

Stock tranny's depend on which type:

5spd = 350-400 (a few have run higher than this, but only VERY few)
auto = 450+ (they are fairly easily built to withstand 600+)

as far as kits... just read through the links in the thread I posted a link to above.
lots of miss-information here.

to the OP search the boards for details

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.