Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I did a search and I did not find anything.

OK, I am looking for a really good intake that provides the best hp/tq gains for the money. Money really doesn't matter. I just want a really good intake that looks good, functions well and sounds good.

I have heard good things about the SRT intake. How much is this one? And what are the gains?

I have also seen and heard the ARM intake on an IS and it does sound very good, but from my experience it seems kinda cheap and really doesnt give good gains in the upper rpm range. Is this true?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
770 Posts
:pissed: bullshit u searched....cause if u searched u would find 1000000000 things on this subject....

SRT is the best out there....but also more expensive....and has the best gains...so if money ain't a issue get....its $595

and what the hell is ARM?

do u mean AEM.....Jesus if u did....thats worst than when some kid asked me about the AEM intake...and he said A&M

·
Registered
120 Posts
WhiteLex said:
:pissed: bullshit u searched....cause if u searched u would find 1000000000 things on this subject....

SRT is the best out there....but also more expensive....and has the best gains...so if money ain't a issue get....its $595

do u mean AEM.....Jesus if u did....thats worst than when some kid asked me about the AEM intake...and he said A&M
What the hell is your problem? :roll:

If you didn't notice, the E and R keys are right next to each other, so it is most likely a TYPO.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
WhiteLex said:

That newbie is prolly never coming back in here :shame:

·
Registered
770 Posts
What the hell is your problem? :roll:

If you didn't notice, the E and R keys are right next to each other, so it is most likely a TYPO.[/quote]

is this a forum or school...shut the hell up u dork

·
Registered
770 Posts
BigJoeD said:
That newbie is prolly never coming back in here :shame:
asking these question i don't mind....There are new people to the site that don't no as much info as others....i don't no everything either.....but....don't say u searched....when u really didn't search..

i told him about the SRT intake..

and unless theres a ARM intake out there that i don't no about....then i corrected him that is all

·
Registered
518 Posts
Whitelex deserves one of those warnings i hear so much about. However, Id ban his sorry ass. People like you bring this board down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Number 1: Go to the search menu, type "intake" and see what you get for the first 10 pages or so. Nothing about an intake comparison or specific information I wanted.

Number 2: It was a damn typo. Don't tell me you dont make any typing mistakes either. Just because you have more posts than me doesnt mean you know everything. I'm new to the IS community and wanted to get some insight on some products. You were once also a noob so just chill. I recently had a BMW 330Ci, but some drunk ass totaled it when it was parked on the street. I always liked the IS, so here I am.

BTW, your an ASS. That wasnt a typo this time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
IDk216I said:
BTW, your an ASS. That wasnt a typo this time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
IDk216I said:
Swift Racing IS300 Intake w/Race Tuned ECU - $549 (Free Shipping)

Is this a good deal?
yeah..i paid $525 for mine back in february shipped from carson toyota...

go for it! u will be happy!

·
Registered
28,808 Posts

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
BigJoeD said:
DJPoop said:
theorem said:
Whitelex deserves one of those warnings i hear so much about. However, Id ban his sorry ass. People like you bring this board down.
He's probably just bitter because he's gotten flamed mercilessly in the past.

Look at this old post that he posted under his old name, Lexpensive.

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13313052&highlight=
BWAAAAAA :lol:

How in the world do you keep up with the alt-nics?
The kid.....types....like.......this. It's pretty easy to spot. He's changed nicks a couple times. I don't remember what his other ones are, but that post^^ is one of the funniest I've ever seen on this board. :lol:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
BigJoeD said:
Hey DJPOOP you only 7 more posts until 10000 WOW :eek:
Make that 6. :wink:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
get the srt intake for the best gains

the plp intake is very nice and has good gains as well

i would stay away from aem and injen, i've heard about too many problems and cel's with those

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I've just purchased my SRT Intake and having it installed this friday, i'll let u know what the outcome is.

Carson Toyota $525.00 ship'd.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts