Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think the best intake for the money is?

Injen for 250
AEM for 180
SRT for 600

Also...could you guys tell me if these make the CE light come on?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
Usually, the SRT intake comes out on top with most people, even though it is more expensive. It's actually about $500 if you get from Steve at Carson Toyota. You will experience the most power gains with it as well.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
well the best intake is the SRT becuase it comes w/ a ecu while the others dont. you really cant compare to the srt to the others unless you get them w/ a AFC, etc. and if you do get them w/ the afc then it would be better benefit if you add other mods like exhuast, headers, race pipe, etc.

if you get the other regular intakes w/o a ecu the cel will come on
if you get the srt the cel wont come one becuase of the ecu
if you get the other regular intakes w/ a ecu (S-AFC, AFR, etc) the cel
wont come on

btw remember to do a search before posting a thread

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks T Man and K3RRY... This helps a lot....I am thinking about the SRT for 350 shipped. Sounds like a good price.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Yeah, what K3RRY said....

I know the Rod Millen intake keeps the MAF sensor in the stock position, or as close to it as possible, so that's an option, but a lot of people either like it or hate it. It's a little more expensive than a comparable AEM.

If you get a header/midpipe/exhaust combo, go with an Injen + AFC and you'll really bump up your power a lot.

Another option, is the PLP Silent Flow intake. I used that right now. Doesn't look all Honda Hardass like an AEM or Injen or SRT might, but it yields about the best power increase on a stand alone intake without an ECU or AFC... and they're quiet and sharp looking. +9whp according to PLP. You can get them used on here for around $150, or new from the .NET store for $217. I don't think there is anyone that has used a PLP SFI and been disappointed with it. :D

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
the PLP also doesn't throw the CEL, from what ppl have told me...so that's a big plus! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts