Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was doing some research on an intake i want for my ride....i came across 2 types that i think or seem to be good.......

1)K and N typhoon this kit from there website says there is a 12-15hp difference from stock....True???????

2)AFE cold air intake looks like a solid choice i like the fact of the option of dry or wet filter.... which i will be opting to go with the dry.......

Has anyone used these kits???

other options???

as long as long as there is good sounds coming from it and good hp gains i will be happy with the kit and as long as its under $400-500 more $400 if poss.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just get a Fsport if ur willing to spend that much
is that the best performance of the 3??????????????

i dunno why but the k and n feels like it would be the better performer....but i cant find any proof of this????

anyone else got proof or herd of them.....or by experience?

PLEASE HELP

as for i really really want to get an intake with good sound and power...

Thanks MY.IS:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
The way I see it is, with whatever intake ur getting it really isn't gonna improve performance because its not a "true" CAI, so in my opinion I'd go with FSport if you're looking to get the cleanest OEM looking and good sounding intake. Honestly these intakes are just for sound and F Sport is the best in my opinion if you have the money, I'm going with the JOE Z intake because it's cheaper but to each their own. lol

oh and I doubt any intake will add 15hp, but if you're really curious just go on youtube and look at dyno tests

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The way I see it is, with whatever intake ur getting it really isn't gonna improve performance because its not a "true" CAI, so in my opinion I'd go with FSport if you're looking to get the cleanest OEM looking and good sounding intake. Honestly these intakes are just for sound and F Sport is the best in my opinion if you have the money, I'm going with the JOE Z intake because it's cheaper but to each their own. lol

oh and I doubt any intake will add 15hp, but if you're really curious just go on youtube and look at dyno tests
still cant find any info on that...

·
Registered
86 Posts
a "true cai" are the ones that have a hose hanging closer to the ground, usually only on track cars because normal street cars would cause water to get in the engine whenever it rains for example.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had Fujita which gave off a very good sound, second choice would be greddy....

·
Registered
628 Posts
IS300 guys back when our cars were new dyno'd several intakes and exhausts for fun. I dont why other members haven't carried it on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
1)K and N typhoon this kit from there website says there is a 12-15hp difference from stock....True???????
I think when they make these extreme claims it means that one time on one car it made 15 extra hp over stock from 2,800 to 2,950 rpm.

Overall on average I'd expect something in the 3 to 5 hp range.
(I have the K&N Typhoon, sounds great but definitely didn't add 15hp)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts