Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this topic has been raised many times, but i just wanna get your opinions....i'm looking to get exhaust but i want to know which exhaust you guys think has the best sound...i'm talking about a real nice, rich, exhaust note not too bladdy...and this is just exhaust by itself not intake or anything....thanx for your opinions..

·
Registered
37,399 Posts
HKS Hiper or HKS Carbon TI

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
JIC SS

JIC TI IF U HAVE THE LOOT

David

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the JIC and love it....

·
Registered
824 Posts
there was a sweet post that had a link to a mpeg for an IS exhaust contest. You could hear a bunch of different exhaust that would help...but I lost the thread.. :bitching:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I see a lot of people talking about the HKS exhausts but what about the RSR GTII exhaust. What do you think about that?

My main concern is that HKS exhausts are rear section only and not cat-back. Does it make a big difference?

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
the cat back verses the rear section isn't that big of a deal, RSR makes GREAT products. if you want gains and don't care much about how loud it is.

hks makes a great producti am kindof biased as i have one, i had a tanabe on my old car and it was good, but not the BEST gains, i went to a skunk2 on my old car and got another 4whp if that tells you anythign

not really sure why it works taht the catbacks don't make as but certainly not any more is weird to me, but one hting is sure that when you do cat back, foromt ehdynos i have seen, peak torque comes a bit later (1-200 rpm) and if you look at an hks or other axle backs the peak torque is still around stock. get what you'll be happy with, look at video's listen to exhausts get people oin the area to take you for rides, or let you hear theirs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanx for the clip it was such a help...i actually really liked the apex exhaust...what do you guys think about that one...i kno the guy who was in the competition had an intake but do you think it would sound as good without one..

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i also finally found a clip of the borla exhaust. Team lexus uses it. They also have it paired with the SRT intake if you look at the pictures. Sounds pretty nice.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Astr0LuX said:
i also finally found a clip of the borla exhaust. Team lexus uses it. They also have it paired with the SRT intake if you look at the pictures. Sounds pretty nice.
Where's that clip? Gotta web URL? Thanks

1 - 20 of 40 Posts