Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best duster out there for the car? One that won't scratch the paint...the worst part about having a dark car, is just the dust that collects overnight and from daily driving. I want to get a duster, in order to keep from having a dirty car 2 days after wash.

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
california duster (that red mop thing)......just skim it LIGHTLY (like barely touching) across the paint and you should be all good sans scratches

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I WAS going to just run my cat across the hood by it's tail, but then I remembered he's not declawed. :roll: :shame:

·
Registered
251 Posts
yeah. .the cali duster works GREAT. i got mine at costco, you also get a lil one for the inside dash too.. good deal

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Cali Duster...Got mine at Advance Auto Parts for 10 bones...Great product, all though it sucked cause I was using it a lot during the spring because of all that damn pollen outside my house. Oh well :D

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Graph, did you read the instructions when you bought it? You're supposed to let it sit/cure for 48hrs before you use it......(or at least mine says that)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:eek: oops. I don't think I did. I only ran it across the car once, so I don't think I hurt it. I did notice the awful smell it had when I opened the package.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Oh, one more thing: Do not use the duster when your car is DIRTY; only use it when it's DUSTY. If you get junk in the duster you'll start to scratch.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
scottschoe said:
Oh, one more thing: Do not use the duster when your car is DIRTY; only use it when it's DUSTY. If you get junk in the duster you'll start to scratch.
Well aware of this one...thanks.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I found that using a dry chamois cloth help gets dust and tree pollen off after waxing. I hate when dust covers up my Zaino shine :pissed:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't gotten to the Zaino shine yet...I'm so f'n busy 24/7, the one day that I DO have time to do it, all I want to do is bbq and drink a beer. :roll:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts